Best 8 studio album run for Pearl Jam

edited December 2009 in The Porch
Yes this means you have to leave off Ten or Backspacer.

Yes I'm bored.

Yes I realize this will have no responses the next time I check.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Umm....yeah I think I'm gonna have to go with the first 8 albums.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    5 album that r in beetween,.................................no code?......... damn right
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Yeah, unfortunately you have two gold bars as bookends to the PJ catalog. A very tough choice. But because Ten was and is such an important album in rock history, and Backspacer is still fresh and new, I have to go with the first 8 albums.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    FIRST 8!! :mrgreen:
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Backspacer is a gem. It's flat-out impossible to replace Ten, so the choice is made pretty much forcibly, but geez, all things considered, Backspacer is one of their best.
  • faulkner wrote:
    Backspacer is a gem. It's flat-out impossible to replace Ten, so the choice is made pretty much forcibly, but geez, all things considered, Backspacer is one of their best.

now did you really consider all things here?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Hey here's a better one: let the choice be modular, meaning you can "wrap around" from Backspacer back to Ten. I'd say, start at Pearl Jam and go to Yield. I'm very sad about leaving out Binaural but I couldn't live without No Code. In other words, my choice leaves out Binaural and Riot Act.
  • faulkner wrote:
    Backspacer is a gem. It's flat-out impossible to replace Ten, so the choice is made pretty much forcibly, but geez, all things considered, Backspacer is one of their best.

now did you really consider all things here?

:lol: I guess I left out how aliens feel about the matter :lol:
  • This is just a 10 vs. Backspacer thread. Pretty clever though.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    faulkner wrote:
    Hey here's a better one: let the choice be modular, meaning you can "wrap around" from Backspacer back to Ten. I'd say, start at Pearl Jam and go to Yield. I'm very sad about leaving out Binaural but I couldn't live without No Code. In other words, my choice leaves out Binaural and Riot Act.

And look at your avatar!? :lol: now that's a damn shame! :mrgreen:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • :shock: ..I M GOING TO SMOME A KILO OF WEED AND ILL COME BACK TO READ THIS AGAIN..MAYBE ILL GET IT NEXT TIME
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • :shock: ..I M GOING TO SMOME A KILO OF WEED AND ILL COME BACK TO READ THIS AGAIN..MAYBE ILL GET IT NEXT TIME

smome

smome
  • THeir best 5 studio album run is

Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act :)
    ...The Moon is Rollin' Round....
  • THeir best 5 studio album run is

for 5 i'd say take it back an album...so from Vs. to Binaural...

as for 8, i say first 8...to me, you really can't appreciate a new album until a new one comes out...like with Avocado...i love the album and all, but i really didn't appreciate just exactly how great the album is until Backspacer came out...i'm sure i'll do the same for Backspacer when the next one comes out...so for now, it's first 8.
  • for 5 i'd say take it back an album...so from Vs. to Binaural...

You really think Binaural is better than Ten?

I honestly don't get the 10 dislike on here sometimes. I guess it doesn't prove to be a real fan to like one of the CD's that defined an era, and its popularity is a huge negative in the eyes of some, but that was a damned great album.

To me the best 5 album run is Ten->Yield, no question.
  • dbodner wrote:

I honestly don't get the 10 dislike on here sometimes. I guess it doesn't prove to be a real fan to like one of the CD's that defined an era, and its popularity is a huge negative in the eyes of some, but that was a damned great album.

you know know you make an excellent point...i was thinking more along the lines of Vs > Riot Act...but you bring up a good point with Ten > Binaural...and also Ten and Vs. pretty much go hand in hand...

so i change mine to Ten -> Yield...pretty much 90's PJ is the way to go...though 00's PJ is still amazing
  • dbodner wrote:

Agreed. Was reminded just how good Ten is during the Melbourne gig when they played Jeremy >> Deep >> Why Go >> Porch, one after the other.
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    So would it be considered evil if I said start with Binaural and work your way back to No Code, leaving off Yield?
    32 shows and counting...
  • Kraven wrote:
    So would it be considered evil if I said start with Binaural and work your way back to No Code, leaving off Yield?

Evil no, a little weird..... yes

( ;) )
  • dbodner wrote:

i agree why is it so dislike...so why is it the hardest vinyl to find..hmmmmmmm(studio albums)
  • FirstExit wrote:
    :shock: ..I M GOING TO SMOME A KILO OF WEED AND ILL COME BACK TO READ THIS AGAIN..MAYBE ILL GET IT NEXT TIME

smome

smome
    :lol: ..its from the weed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • But what about your list of best albums released in an odd year but only after the 1st Tuesday of the month in months with letters less than six otherwise released after the 12th of the month with the exception of leap years, whereforeto the release must have coincided with the third lunar phase.

For me, the choice is obvious.
  • dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
    THeir best 5 studio album run is

completely agree.
  • Bugs29Bugs29 Posts: 96
    dbodner wrote:

i agree why is it so dislike...so why is it the hardest vinyl to find..hmmmmmmm(studio albums)

Well, I don't get it either, and I don't understand how you can be a pearl jam fan and NOT love Ten?!?! Here are some tracks in case everyone forgot: Black...Alive...Jeremy...Even Flow...Porch...Once...Why Go...Oceans..Release...etc
    The only reason could be overplay...maybe.
  • Everyone secretly has a man-crush on Ten but all of us know that when we first bought the album we played it over and over and over and over and over again in our cars until we memorized every word to every song on the album and had all the timings to all the songs perfect. Some of us went on to learn how to play them on various instruments. Then we got a little bored with it and wanted more, so we started saying things like "Wow! Yield kicks the pants off Ten!" Etc, etc. Does not change the fact that Ten is fricking awesome.