Wine

RYRY Posts: 3
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Does Eddie have a favorite bottle of wine that he drinks at his shows?
RY
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mervin50mervin50 Posts: 217
    Good question. I've often wondered what is in those bottles. I mean how much can one person drink over and over on a nightly basis? Would it not eventually lead to some illness? Am I completely off base here? I don't want to seem like I'm looking down on anyone but its just a question that I have that’s only now being brought to the forefront of my mind based on this post.
  • i love wine and drink it most nights...if eddie is like most wine drinkers i think he would try something new most nights with your 4-5 bottle that you know are good and turn to for when you fancy a good drink.

As he is lucky enough to tour the world he can try some of the best(not meaning most expensive)wines around.So i guess a euporean tour is on as hes missed of the best spanish italian french (yes i know other countrys make great wine even england)wines that are out there.

Why not add to this post by putting down what your drinking or drunk.where you got it and the cost..so other wine lovers could try as well...hey even eddie might join in..

im on a bottle of.. garnacha oromonte 2008 £7ish times wine club . cant do poncey wine discriptions.so ill say taste great.
  • I was at the Gorge in 06 and Ed was drinking a pinot noir from Van der Kamp vineyards which was made for him. The bottle had written on it "to Ed with Aloha from van der kamp vineyards pinot noir.I know because I was lucky enough to have some from Eds bottle.It was a 3 bottle night but he only drank 2 and 1/2. Some new friends and I from EZ Street finished the rest.
    EV Solo NY 8/4,5/08
    MSG 6/24,25/08
    Gorge 7/22,23/06
    NJ 6/1/06
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Borgata 10/1/05
    MSG 7/8,9/03
    Uniondale,NY 4/30/03
    Boston 8/30/00
    Jones Beach,NY 8/23,24,25/00
    W.Palm Beach 8/9/00
    MSG 9/10,11/98
    Randalls Island,NY 9/29/96
  • I was at the Gorge in 06 and Ed was drinking a pinot noir from Van der Kamp vineyards which was made for him. The bottle had written on it "to Ed with Aloha from van der kamp vineyards pinot noir.I know because I was lucky enough to have some from Eds bottle.It was a 3 bottle night but he only drank 2 and 1/2. Some new friends and I from EZ Street finished the rest.
    I think its the same wine...
  • Natura makes all organic wines and they are all DELICIOUS.

Red:
    Montes Alpha Syrah, Chile, $30
    Montes Alpha Cab, Chile, $20
    Calina Reserve Carmenere, Chile $10

White:
    Seven Daughters Blend, California, $15
    Peter Lehmann Layers, Australia, $15
    Marquis Philips Holly's Blend, Australia, $9

Cheers!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I read somewhere on here that one bottle on stage is wine and another is Gatorade in a wine bottle to keep his fluids and electrolytes up during the show.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    i know that he sometimes drinks jordan cabernet when he doesnt have the pinot
    we have been enjoying
    McManis Merlot and Cabernet $10-12
    Leaping Lizard Cabernet $15
    Acre Cabernet $15
    La Crema Pinot $20
    Simi Cabernet $18
    Veramonte Reserva $11
    Veramonte Primus $20

all very good and $20 or less
  • I read somewhere on here that one bottle on stage is wine and another is Gatorade in a wine bottle to keep his fluids and electrolytes up during the show.

seems reasonable. i've noticed some bottles look a little clear to be red wine.
  • loki34loki34 Posts: 111
    I am pretty sure this is what Ed was drinking in Philly

http://www.allstarwine.com/product-exec ... Vigne_2005
    "Billy Joel, Dave Matthews and Bon Jovi, who the f**k starts these rumors. And we don't need those f**ckin guy cause you got me!" EV Philly 4
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Natura makes all organic wines and they are all DELICIOUS.

Red:
    Montes Alpha Syrah, Chile, $30
    Montes Alpha Cab, Chile, $20
    Calina Reserve Carmenere, Chile $10

White:
    Seven Daughters Blend, California, $15
    Peter Lehmann Layers, Australia, $15
    Marquis Philips Holly's Blend, Australia, $9

Cheers!

YAY Peter Lehmann Layers... that's a nice little white blend :)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    At Grand Rapids 04, I wanted to give ed a bottle of Shiraz wine. I asked one of his security guards to give it to him and he asked me if it was a Syrah. I said no but of course he took it anyway. :lol:
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I brought a bottle of Pinot Noir from our local bottle shop near where i live in Melbourne up to Brisbane to give to Eddie. I couldnt get it to him personally so I gave it to a girl who worked in security; she assured me she'd give it to him. I wonder whether he ever got it? It was the most expensive bottle of Pinot in the shop, from a winery my husband and I have visited and found the wines to be very nice. It was from Stonier's Winvery on the Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne. I really hope Ed got the bottle of wine, 'cos someone gave him a crap one in Adelaide which he was drinking on stage and said he didnt like, how insulting to give Ed crap wine when he knows what a decent drop is.
  • At Grand Rapids 04, I wanted to give ed a bottle of Shiraz wine. I asked one of his security guards to give it to him and he asked me if it was a Syrah. I said no but of course he took it anyway. :lol:

The guy probably drank it himself!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I brought a bottle of Pinot Noir from our local bottle shop near where i live in Melbourne up to Brisbane to give to Eddie. I couldnt get it to him personally so I gave it to a girl who worked in security; she assured me she'd give it to him. I wonder whether he ever got it? It was the most expensive bottle of Pinot in the shop, from a winery my husband and I have visited and found the wines to be very nice. It was from Stonier's Winvery on the Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne. I really hope Ed got the bottle of wine, 'cos someone gave him a crap one in Adelaide which he was drinking on stage and said he didnt like, how insulting to give Ed crap wine when he knows what a decent drop is.

Awesome, Stonier is great... as is Yabby Lake Pinot from Mornington ;) I work in the wine biz and I thought about taking wine to Ed's solo Philly show but then completely forgot as I was running for the train. One day, I hope to get some wine to him :D

What was he drinking in Adelaide?
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • loki34 wrote:
    I am pretty sure this is what Ed was drinking in Philly

http://www.allstarwine.com/product-exec ... Vigne_2005

wooo nice but not cheap

That is dirt cheap for a Barolo! I manage a wine store and our cheapest Barolo is $75 ranging up to over $500!
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • At Grand Rapids 04, I wanted to give ed a bottle of Shiraz wine. I asked one of his security guards to give it to him and he asked me if it was a Syrah. I said no but of course he took it anyway. :lol:

Syrah is a Shiraz ;)

They call it Syrah everywhere but Australia and Canada.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
    coachchris wrote:
    At Grand Rapids 04, I wanted to give ed a bottle of Shiraz wine. I asked one of his security guards to give it to him and he asked me if it was a Syrah. I said no but of course he took it anyway. :lol:

Syrah is a Shiraz ;)

They call it Syrah everywhere but Australia and Canada.

And South Africa ;)