Philly Box Set (Fingers Crossed) !

left the porchleft the porch Posts: 504
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Ok, now that Australian bootlegs are available I'm almost positive there is something special planned for the Philly shows. I've been waiting to get all 4 shows, I was not fortunate enough to go to any of them, but especially the 31st. UN-REAL! So here's hoping all the rumours are true about a DVD of the last show and hopefully a box of all 4, ala the Gorge. It would make it a Merry Christmas indeed! :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    There was an additional camera crew (meaning in addition to the guys shooting for the video screens) on stage for the Halloween show. I also saw a couple camera guys (in addition to news videographers) outside the arena pre-show. We might get something really cool for the last show.
  • I hope ur right! Night three was so epic and ive been waiting to re-live it again! The youtube videos can only last for so long.
    Hartford June 27, 2008
    Spectrum Night 3 October 30, 2009
    Hartford May 15, 2010

EV- See the path cut by the moon, for you to walk on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    I think xmas is wishful thinking!! something like that would take time
  • EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    From my count it will be late 2011 when they release anything from Philly. For every thread about it, they add a day to the release date. :D
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    who cares if the shows are in a box set or just individual shows like the others? it wont make them any different/better.

now DVDs would be cool, and I think it is realistic for 10/31. 10/30 was actually a better show than 10/31, IMO.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,526
    now DVDs would be cool, and I think it is realistic for 10/31. 10/30 was actually a better show than 10/31, IMO.

I'm guessing it will be a bluray/dvd 2 disc set of the complete 10/31 performance with bonus footage of the past 3 night's. Release say in March ...
  • God forbid the ten club just, you know, answers the fucking question.
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    10C is only gonna answer after the band is ready to reveal their plans. Since we havent heard anything, they must not be ready yet.
    Obviously there's something coming, but we have no idea how big a project it is - maybe they're gonna release a dvd of all 4 nights here in the store and sell a 1 disc highlights dvd in stores for the casual fans, maybe it's just a set of CD's like the gorge box. Plus we don't know how far along it is - they might have wanted to wait until they got back from the tour.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    God forbid the ten club just, you know, answers the fucking question.

Is your skull that thick that you can't just assume they are doing something special for these shows? You need the TC to tell you? You can't take the hint that the Australia shows came out and Philly haven't? What if they announced something before it was finalized and then an issue came up to where they couldn't do it? People would be pissed. What if they haven't decided yet the format for the shows. You don't need to know anything right now! You don't deserve to know anything right now! Knowing anything right now would not get you your bootleg or DVD sooner! So fucking wait patiently! It isn't like they won't release something.

Oh, and they filmed the third show as well as Halloween for all of you so called superfans who just went to one of four shows in Philly.

The only reason I opened this thread was to type an angry post. I couldn't care less about knowing about bootlegs or DVD's that aren't finished yet.
  • If they do have a special project planned, it would have to include all 4 shows in some capacity, because the fans would throw a shit fit if they just gave us "highlights". I think a DVD set of all 4 shows is unlikely, but you never know.
  • there is a reason for philly boots not to be up for sale,Europe shows have contract with radio station.this now maybe it will be a special edition,or maybe they have a contract with spectrum and release something else..we will wait..but im exciting with the whole idea of prepare something unique.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Oh, and they filmed the third show as well as Halloween for all of you so called superfans who just went to one of four shows in Philly.

Ah, they also filmed night 1 & night 2, too. All 4 night's were filmed.
    Every single Pearl Jam show has been filmed.

8-)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    It's ok 10c just take all the time in the world, I've still got a good 150 shows to hear on pearljambootlegs.org yet and I can barely keep up with this years boots as it is so about April is fine with me. No really :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

I didn't notice the extra film crews on nights 1 and 2. Don't get me angry now!
  • Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    If they do have a special project planned, it would have to include all 4 shows in some capacity, because the fans would throw a shit fit if they just gave us "highlights". I think a DVD set of all 4 shows is unlikely, but you never know.

I think a dvd set of all 4 nights is possible after what they did with the Ten reissue. Sell a standard edition 2 Disc DVD of Philly in stores (the same way the legacy edition of Ten was sold) and then offer the complete 4 night set exclusively through 10C for the fans that want it, just like the super deluxe Ten.
    demetrios wrote:

8-)

I didn't notice the extra film crews on nights 1 and 2. Don't get me angry now!

But you did notice people in the front & on the sides of the stage with video cameras, right?
    Plus the 2 huge screens inside the Spectrum showing the whole show for all 4 nights?

You're talking about Pearl Jam video. How could I ever get angry!
    I'm crazy, baby! 8-)

• I didn't notice the extra film crews on nights 1 and 2. Don't get me angry now!
    :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    I'm not so sure they filmed all shows. They had cameras at each show, but they were for the IMAG (video screens). There was an additional crew on Halloween onstage shooting with what looked to be Panasonic HVX200s. The other cameras were for the screens.I can't speak for any other nights in Philly as I did not notice the extra crew, but that crew was definitely not shooting the Chicago shows in August. If they are planning a dvd, it will be a while as editing will be a lengthy process. Be patient kiddies...have they ever disappointed before?
  • This is what will happen with the Philly boots...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119296
    I'm not so sure they filmed all shows. They had cameras at each show, but they were for the IMAG (video screens). There was an additional crew on Halloween onstage shooting with what looked to be Panasonic HVX200s. The other cameras were for the screens.I can't speak for any other nights in Philly as I did not notice the extra crew, but that crew was definitely not shooting the Chicago shows in August. If they are planning a dvd, it will be a while as editing will be a lengthy process. Be patient kiddies...have they ever disappointed before?

That is what I thought. Only shows 3 and 4 had the extra crew running around on stage. They weren't for the big screens. I guess they could make a dvd for 1 and 2, but probably wouldn't have the quality of 3 and 4.
    This is what will happen with the Philly boots...

but the bluray/dvd/cds will be available @ the local retail stores ... :|
  • demetrios wrote:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=119296

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.
  • demetrios wrote:

:thumbup:
  • Ok, now that Australian bootlegs are available I'm almost positive there is something special planned for the Philly shows. I've been waiting to get all 4 shows, I was not fortunate enough to go to any of them, but especially the 31st. UN-REAL! So here's hoping all the rumours are true about a DVD of the last show and hopefully a box of all 4, ala the Gorge. It would make it a Merry Christmas indeed! :D

need more pj dvd ALWAYS
  • What if they announced something before it was finalized and then an issue came up to where they couldn't do it? People would be pissed.

Yeah. We all know the ten club would never open their mouth about something and then totally drop the fucking ball. How are those free show downloads from the vault on the 10C version of Backspacer coming along?
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380
    maybe all the people who were supposed to be surprise guests are being Dubbed in the music!!! Cool!
    Image them in on DVD too.....
    only kidding..
    something up? I don't believe the hype, but really what else could there be w/ this delay and others released afterwards!!
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,380