Grammy Nomination "The Fixer"

mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 796
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I think Got Some is better, but I agree The Fixer is more radio friendly. Those two songs just seem like a pair, though. It's like nominating one sibling but not the other!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The Fixer is a great song, I think it's the best song on the record. sometimes I forget about the first single when I listen to an album. cause I've heard it 2 months earlier or something. But When I go back and include it again with the other songs.. it's usually the strongest one out of them all. Given To Fly, NAIS, I Am Mine, WWS, Fixer... all good examples
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    There are already threads regarding the Fixer being nominated for a Grammy. Please try not to make up too many new threads about the one subject. That being said, I agree with what you say about the Fixer being a good song, and radio friendly. There are those around who dont like it because it is radio friendly, but it's nice for the boys to have some success with it, they deserve it. I hope it wins the Grammy!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    someone at work said to me today "pearl jam isn't the kind of music i'd normally listen to, but i heard a song of theirs on the radio this morning and it was good!" meaning the fixer.. and i said "yeah they got a grammy nom.." and she said "well deserved".

so. i mean. there's nothing wrong with appealing to the masses. at all. so good for them.