30 Years Later - The Who Tragedy

WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I am from Cincy and still live here and wanted to post and share this. I have attended many PJ concerts, but the 2 special shows that stick out are 1) the show at Riverbend in Cincy shortly after the PJ concert tragedy overseas and they addressed the crowd and the relation to the Who tragedy 2) when PJ finally played the same coliseum in 2006 where the Who tragedy occured, Eddie came out at 7:30, solo, and sang "The Kids are Alright". My father almost died that night, and has only told me the story once, but I will never forget it. Here is to all those who have lost their lives at concerts, Peace to all.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009 ... edy+linger
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Good story, thanks for posting ;-)
  • WhyGo77WhyGo77 Posts: 113
    Thanks for posting. I knew of this tragic event, but didn’t know many of the details. My father is a huge Who fan and I grew up listening to their great music…I am sure that was their worst nightmare.
    "I'll ride the wave, where it takes me..."

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine..."
  • I always remember this because it happened on my birthday. So very tragic.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Wow, I remember when this happened as well. I too am a big Who fan. I can't believe 30 years have passed.
  • WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115
    Wow, I remember when this happened as well. I too am a big Who fan. I can't believe 30 years have passed.

It is crazy how fast the time goes, but it seems the wounds never heal.
  • Wow, I remember when this happened as well. I too am a big Who fan. I can't believe 30 years have passed.

+1. I had to prove to my parents for the next few years that I was going to a place with seating only...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799

+1. I had to prove to my parents for the next few years that I was going to a place with seating only...

I remember going to JFK Stadium here in Philly before they tore it down and all I could think of was this show. It was scary because the place was pratically falling apart and the crowds outside were rough. It was pretty scary.

Looking at the picture montage on the news site, I remember a lot of those faces from when it first happened. The ones of the son outside the place gave me chills.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    I saw the THE WHO at their next show following that tragic night up in New Haven CT, and i can honestly say that it was the best show of pure rock&emotion combined to this day i can say it's the best show i have seen ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....