Pearl Jam poster at Target

Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Anyone see the large 2-sided PJ posters displayed at Target? I got one recently - it was a large overhead promotional poster for Backspacker...they were going to throw it in the trash compactor so my local store gave it to me. Wondering if anyone else had similar luck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,546
    Got an extra one? No Target stores up here in these neck of the woods.
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Unfortunately no...had to talk to a half dozen different people in Electronics before they agreed to give me something they were just planning to $h!tc@n. Can't imagine how many hoops PJ had to jump through to sell Backspacer exclusively there.
  • Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    The wife and I thought about it the other day as we were looking at one in Target but then reality hit us and we realized that once we got it home it would dwarf everything else in the house and just end up in the garage or even worse, the garbage! Look at me, all grown up and making logical decisions! :lol: It is a nice pic, where are you gonna hang that monster? :shock:
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • I got one. A good friend of mine is the head of security at a Target (whatever they call those people at Target) and she set one back for me. Are we talking about the red one with the photo of the band on it?
    Yeah, the guys are walking on the shore - that's the one...like 4' x 4'. Thinking I'll hang it in the basement for now, since both sides will be displayed.

Wonder how many found their way into fans' hands...betting the majority met their fate in a Target trash compactor.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,546
    Black73 wrote:
    Unfortunately no...had to talk to a half dozen different people in Electronics before they agreed to give me something they were just planning to $h!tc@n. Can't imagine how many hoops PJ had to jump through to sell Backspacer exclusively there.

It's cool! I'm not a fan of the 'exclusive' thing. When I heard it was exclusive for Target I hated it with a passion. They sold shirts, video games, fixer singles, cds, lp's etc.. many who don't have a Target store or any local record store near by had to travel far length's to make it to a Target store. While they had many, many huge retail stores that could of had it in stock. Like Walmart, Zellers, Bestbuy etc.. Plus for fan's that don't have have a Target in their country & can't even buy anything from Target.com cause they don't ship outside of the USA, we were left cold. It should be fare all around. I just hope, if their next record goes exlusive again, and to Target, that they ask the crew @ target.com that any Pearl Jam fan around the world that want's to buy our shirts, posters, video games, vinyl, books, sticker's, we have 'exclusive' to Target, you ship those items to those fan's who live all across the world.

Capish?
    Agreed. My local Target, IMHO, did a crap job of positioning, marketing and selling the album and requisite swag. When I went in to ask about the t-shirts, some slack-jaw punk said, "Pearl Jim...I don't think they sent us any of those shirts cuz our store is too small."

Helpful lad. At least they landed me a sweet display poster, which reminded me of my record store "release party" experiences with Vs & Vitalogy.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Black73 wrote:
    Anyone see the large 2-sided PJ posters displayed at Target? I got one recently - it was a large overhead promotional poster for Backspacker...they were going to throw it in the trash compactor so my local store gave it to me. Wondering if anyone else had similar luck.

My Boss saved ours for me. He said it was "spoken for" but he just said that so he could save it for me. I wanted the cardboard backspacer shelving piece but someone already threw it in the bailor compactor :(
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • I asked at the Target near me and they said they couldn't give the poster to a customer because of liability issues. I took that to mean that an employee was going to sell it on ebay.
  • I got all of them.. the huge one, the backspacer cd holder posters everything :D
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Black73 wrote:
    Agreed. My local Target, IMHO, did a crap job of positioning, marketing and selling the album and requisite swag. When I went in to ask about the t-shirts, some slack-jaw punk said, "Pearl Jim...I don't think they sent us any of those shirts cuz our store is too small."

Helpful lad. At least they landed me a sweet display poster, which reminded me of my record store "release party" experiences with Vs & Vitalogy.

:lol::lol: Pearl Jim, god ! Where is that store...?
  • I didnt get one but when Riot Act came out my mom stole a Riot Act promo poster thing from a bookstore for me. I still have it hanging up on the wall to this day.
  • 0921090819.jpg

this is it !!

i got mine... i work at Target... its huge.. its still in my office at work.. i dont know how to get it home..
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • I got one and started a thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=115107

Love it. Haven't figured out where to put the big, bold, beautiful, and free thing yet.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    i have one of those in my office... it was a real bitch getting it home...its about 4' x 4' large....

but its really nice.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • my target had n-o-t-h-i-n-g hanging up.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

"Pearl Jim" comes between Milwaukee and Madison WI. Had I asked him about Fall Out Boy, who knows?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I had to walk mine home. It won't fit in a car I don't think unless youhave a huge van with all the seats out. It was a chore walking it home, but so worth it. :D
    0921090819.jpg

this is it !!

i got mine... i work at Target... its huge.. its still in my office at work.. i dont know how to get it home..
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,310
    Black73 wrote:
    "Pearl Jim" comes between Milwaukee and Madison WI. Had I asked him about Fall Out Boy, who knows?

Actually I'm Pearljim and live in Detroit :)

Got to get to Target and see if I ccan get this poster.........
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • 0921090819.jpg

this is it !!

I got that the things to the left of it as well..Complete :D
    Tour with fucking NOFX