The Fixer nominated for best rock song Grammy

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
edited December 2009 in The Porch
The Fixer was the only thing eligible for Pearl Jam to be nominated. Because the cutoff date was moved up to Aug 31st. So Backspacer wasn't eligible.

And Brendan O'Brien was nominated for Producer of the Year Non Classical for his work with PJ, Bruce, AC/DC.

http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/52nd_show/list.aspx
I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    I hope they WIN!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    Black-12 wrote:
    I hope they WIN!

I just hope it's televised. And not something you read on the bottom of the screen.
    I miss igotid88
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Pretty good competition in that category except don't care for Green Day and they could've chose a better song for U2. Magnificent was a much song than I'l Go Crazy... Go Pearl Jam!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    They likely won't show up since it's only 1 nomination. Unless they're asked to perform.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    They likely won't show up since it's only 1 nomination. Unless they're asked to perform.

ya but if they were nominated for two then they would be the first to arrive and be decked out on the red carpet! :roll:

it will not matter how many awards they get nominated for, ed won't be going.
    i hope it's a televised award and not one that's decided before the show.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote:
    i hope it's a televised award and not one that's decided before the show.
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”