The "new" Scrubs

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch it?

Dave franco (James' brother) is one of the new cast members.

Dr. Cox & Dr.Turk are fulltime on the show, but Dr. Dorian will only be on 6 episdoes. The janitor has moved-on!

It is always difficult to get acclamated to new characters on an old show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Anyone watch it?

Dave franco (James' brother) is one of the new cast members.

Dr. Cox & Dr.Turk are fulltime on the show, but Dr. Dorian will only be on 6 episdoes. The janitor has moved-on!

It is always difficult to get acclamated to new characters on an old show.

I didnt care for it really....Kind of like watching the NEW News Radio when it first came out years ago. Just didnt do it for me.....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Scrubs should do like Seinfeld and quit while they're still good.
    You will be no one's rival....

~Cincinnati, US Bank Arena - June 24, 2006~
    ~Chicago, United Center - Aug. 24, 2009~
    ~Columbus, Nationwide Arena - May 6, 2010~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 3, 2011~
    ~PJ20, Troy, WI, Alpine Valley - Sept. 4, 2011~
  • I missed it? Shit. Have to check ABC's website to see if I can watch it online.

Honestly, just reading how it's gonna pan out makes me a little hesitant to stick with it. What are they gonna do with the Perry/JD dynamic after Zack Braff bolts the show?
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• I love Scrubs. I think it has some of the best comedy on television, and conversely is able to pull off emotional and complex ideas and thoughts better than any other show, as well.

I was disappointed to hear Zach was leaving, sounds like he will be on the next 4 episodes, and then will be done.

While that makes me upset, the first 2 episodes were great. The comedy was top notch, and the big emotional payoffs at the end were great as well.

I have no idea how it will be once Zach leaves, but Bill Lawrence knows what he is doing.
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    You know, I didn't think I'd like it but I did. The writing is still hilarious and the new cast seems to be pretty good, comedy-wise. Plus Dr. Cox is still freaking awesome :lol:

I'm going to stick with it, I think.
  • Scrubs should do like Seinfeld and quit while they're still good.

they're about a year late for that strategy.

I've watched that show from the beginning. And after the premiere last night, I deleted that series recording from my DVR. It was really bad.
    "It's all happening"
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Scrubs has gone more of the route of The Simpsons when they should have gone the Seinfeld route.

Too bad too, because Scrubs...like the Simpsons WAS a good show.
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    I love Scrubs. I think it has some of the best comedy on television, and conversely is able to pull off emotional and complex ideas and thoughts better than any other show, as well.

I was disappointed to hear Zach was leaving, sounds like he will be on the next 4 episodes, and then will be done.

While that makes me upset, the first 2 episodes were great. The comedy was top notch, and the big emotional payoffs at the end were great as well.

I have no idea how it will be once Zach leaves, but Bill Lawrence knows what he is doing.

I agree with you; the comedy is good, but it definitely feels like a new show to me.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Are Janitor, Ted, and Carla no longer part of the show?
    "It's all happening"
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Are Janitor, Ted, and Carla no longer part of the show?

I didn't see Ted or Carla, but Janitor showed up briefly.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • CServant wrote:

I didn't see him.
    "It's all happening"
  • CServant wrote:

I didn't see him.
    He was in a brief flashback. Turk was telling him that JD was gone for good and then the janitor hugged him. After that Turk said that he disappeared and that nobody had seen him since.
  • I am treating it as a new show, with the hopes that certain cast members will leave giving some the newer cast members a chance to shine. Was still really great and I cant wait to see where they will take the show.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    ah, I didn't know zach braff was only going to be in 6 episodes. That sucks. So far I think it's still funny.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • libragirl wrote:
    ah, I didn't know zach braff was only going to be in 6 episodes. That sucks. So far I think it's still funny.

i dont think they show should get better after he leaves! well at least i hope its the case
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016