PJ is all around us

samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
edited December 2009 in The Porch
PJ is everywhere!!! I love seeing little things that remind me of PJ & make me smile.

A few weeks ago, while driving, I saw a truck for a company called 'Even Flow'-- I think it was plumbing, or something that had to do with pipes--something like that-- & it made me smile :D

Also, I got an e-mail for my school's pajama & merchandise sale, & the subject was PJ Sale. I was like PJ??? WHAT?WHERE?HUH?...until I realized that PJ meant pajama, not Pearl Jam :D

...or if there's a certain word or phrase that comes up. Recently was reading a short story in school and the word 'dissident' was in there-- needless to say, that song was stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

Anyone else have these experiences?
"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
~not a dude~
2010: MSGx2
2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    Yes, a lot :)

For example, when I see a 'Yield'-sign on the street.

And then, my native language isn't English but I'm living in Canada. I constantly am reminded :)

There are certain words and expressions that I associate with PJ much more than with their normal use. (porch, 'given to...', and loads of other words and phrases)....

or the Backspace key on my keyboard.

Or I can't hear 'Seattle' out of anyone's mouth without thinking of PJ. Or surfing. As soon as someone talks about surfing or the ocean.

The PJ = pajama thing happens to me, too.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • I saw this a couple of weeks ago.

16735_1278649610407_1355027299_7854.jpg

I don't think it's they same kind of Stone. It was at a hospital. :? :lol:
  • Every time I hear the word "crapshoot", my brain immediately plays the beginning of Comatose. For a while, Verizon had a commercial on TV that used the word.

Now my girlfriend started doing it recently. Which is awesome.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    samjam wrote:
    PJ is everywhere!!! I love seeing little things that remind me of PJ & make me smile.

A few weeks ago, while driving, I saw a truck for a company called 'Even Flow'-- I think it was plumbing, or something that had to do with pipes--something like that-- & it made me smile :D

Also, I got an e-mail for my school's pajama & merchandise sale, & the subject was PJ Sale. I was like PJ??? WHAT?WHERE?HUH?...until I realized that PJ meant pajama, not Pearl Jam :D

...or if there's a certain word or phrase that comes up. Recently was reading a short story in school and the word 'dissident' was in there-- needless to say, that song was stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

• pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    pjamaholic wrote:
    samjam wrote:

Months ago, probably over a year ago now, I saw a van that said "Vedder's flowers" on it. Warmed my heart! ;)
  • In Lambertville, Pa there's a street called McCready Lane that I always get a kick out of...and how about Pearl St in NYC...and EVERY Yield sign...PJ's coffeehouse in Highland Park, NJ...the Synergy business I always pass (remember)...and every time I see a wave!!
    there once was a note...LISTEN !
    There is a Pearl Street in Victoria, BC!!! :) I wish I would live in THAT street.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Funny one from today: was learning about DNA in my forensics class, and my teacher was going over sequences, then wrote an example sequence that ended in T-A-C-T-- had Off He Goes in my head the whole day :) The most random things turn into PJ references!

And definitely Pearl St. in NYC- passed by a couple weeks ago & of course thought of the boys!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • I know a dude named Eddie...does that count?
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • up the street from me so i see this a lot. i don't know the name of the store but there's a work van always sitting outside in the parking lot with three huge letters on it

LBC

:)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

I just listened to a talk about inversion in seabed geoacoustics and the guy always talked about the 'speed of sound' instead of 'sound speed' :)
  • When I took a quantum mechanics class last year the professor would lead off almost every description of any phenomenon with I know this is ''hard to imagine, but...'' Got me every time
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • CabbieCabbie Posts: 35
    My brother lives in Vedder Hall at college :)
    Id be shocked If Eddie wasnt spray painted on that at some point