FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Ask me anything.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    FirstExit wrote:
    Ask me anything.

Why does time becomes slower the farther away from a gravitational field?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Ask me anything.

If you have 2 clocks, one in a strong gravitational field and one in a weak gravitational field, the one in the stronger gravitational field will, according to Einstein, move at a rate that is perpetually slower than the clock in the weaker gravitational field, so basically gravity slows time down. Do you really want me to explain why lol...I mean I guess I could but it will be very long. Is this actually your homework?
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    FirstExit wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Ask me anything.

If you have 2 clocks, one in a strong gravitational field and one in a weak gravitational field, the one in the stronger gravitational field will, according to Einstein, move at a rate that is perpetually slower than the clock in the weaker gravitational field, so basically gravity slows time down. Do you really want me to explain why lol...I mean I guess I could but it will be very long. Is this actually your homework?

...naw. I just wanted to see how fast you could Google it, and if you would get it right. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • CJMST3K wrote:
    ...naw. I just wanted to see how fast you could Google it, and if you would get it right. :D

nah dude...double major in English and Chemical Engineering at a well known tech school in eastern Massachusetts...(srs).
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    FirstExit wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

nah dude...double major in English and Chemical Engineering at a well known tech school in eastern Massachusetts...(srs).

WPI?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    so how do I burn a DVD on my laptop from my DVR without buying any additional hardware
    DVR does not have a fire wire output
  • Get_Right wrote:
    so how do I burn a DVD on my laptop from my DVR without buying any additional hardware

That's not homework that's illegal brahhhhhh

But if your DVR has a USB port then that would be your only option...put your DVR box model/make into google and throw "USB cable" in there and I'm sure you'll find some results.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Wanna explain some 12th grade pre-calc? Conic sections, anyone? I have a quiz tomorrow!!
    :D:D
    Thank god I actually pretty much understand the material!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    FirstExit wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:

That's not homework that's illegal brahhhhhh

But if your DVR has a USB port then that would be your only option...put your DVR box model/make into google and throw "USB cable" in there and I'm sure you'll find some results.
    wow legal advice too! ;)
  • Drop The Leash 10Drop The Leash 10 Posts: 7,011
    edited December 2009
    wow, you conceited motherfucker. :D
    Post edited by Drop The Leash 10 on
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • samjam wrote:
    Wanna explain some 12th grade pre-calc? Conic sections, anyone? I have a quiz tomorrow!!
    :D:D
    Thank god I actually pretty much understand the material!

Math is one of my stronger points so if you have anything specific feel free to ask.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    There is apparently a chapter in Leviticus that says it is okay to own slaves only if they are from neighboring countries. Do you know of any stores that sell Canadians in bulk?? 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    There is apparently a chapter in Leviticus that says it is okay to own slaves only if they are from neighboring countries. Do you know of any stores that sell Canadians in bulk?? 8-)

Yes, I do actually. I can't tell you on these forums though. Meet me at the MIT T-stop at 6:30am tomorrow and I'll tell you there...
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    dcfaithful wrote:
    there was a hairdressing salon in Calgary that just got busted as being a cover for prostitutes and human trafficking?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    FirstExit wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yes, I do actually. I can't tell you on these forums though. Meet me at the MIT T-stop at 6:30am tomorrow and I'll tell you there...

This sounds like a Dumb and Dumber/Seabass moment...

"For manly love, be here on March 31st at 2:30 am. SHARP." :?

just kidding pal :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • isn't it true that 1.9999 repeating is really the same thing as 2?
  • NoCode416 wrote:
    isn't it true that 1.9999 repeating is really the same thing as 2?

lol get a calculator

do:

1/9
    2/9
    3/9
    4/9
    5/9
    6/9
    7/9
    8/9

then before you do 9/9...think about what you think it's gonna be.

If you want me to explain this it's gonna be long, just like David Hasselhoff's question lol, but I will answer it if you want...
  • Bump
  • so, yeah, i agree with your lol.

my question is: given that .999 repeating is the same as 1, how does a person ever actually "touch" anyhing? for example, as i type, my fingers are going from a distance of 1 inch or so to the point where i make a keystroke... during that process, the distance between the key and my finger goes from 1 inch, to 0.5 inches, to .25 inches, ..., to .01 inches, ... to .000000001 inches, off into an infinite number of 0s...

am i nuts or stupid? i only have an engineering from a mortal, less distinguished university with a football team, so i'm thinking i'm just stupid.

FirstExit wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    isn't it true that 1.9999 repeating is really the same thing as 2?

lol get a calculator

do:

1/9
    2/9
    3/9
    4/9
    5/9
    6/9
    7/9
    8/9

then before you do 9/9...think about what you think it's gonna be.

If you want me to explain this it's gonna be long, just like David Hasselhoff's question lol, but I will answer it if you want...
    NoCode416 wrote:
    so, yeah, i agree with your lol.

my question is: given that .999 repeating is the same as 1, how does a person ever actually "touch" anyhing? for example, as i type, my fingers are going from a distance of 1 inch or so to the point where i make a keystroke... during that process, the distance between the key and my finger goes from 1 inch, to 0.5 inches, to .25 inches, ..., to .01 inches, ... to .000000001 inches, off into an infinite number of 0s...

am i nuts or stupid? i only have an engineering from a mortal, less distinguished university with a football team, so i'm thinking i'm just stupid.

Technically because of atomic charges, you never actually touch anything per se.

But, to answer your question: The reason you are able to actually reach your end point is that you have a finite start and end point. Let's say your hand goes 5mph to get from point a to point b. Technically you are right: you hit an inifnite amount of space along the way, depending on how you want to measure. But whether you measure in inches or trillionths of a millimeter, you still have an end point. "How" you measure does not change "what" you measure. That span is sort of like a finite infinity: there are infinite ways to measure the space between 2 points (well, infinite unless you believe in string theory & calabai-yau shapes and the possibility of a "smallest possible" space measurement), but there is an exact distance.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    wow, you conceited motherfucker. :D

:lol::lol: was thinking the same thing !
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    what do i have in my pocket?

Lint?
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    If you eat yourself, do you become twice as big or disappear completely?

Since Swiss cheese has holes, that means the more Swiss cheese you have, the more holes you have. Does this mean that the more Swiss cheese you have, the less you actually have?

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object?
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    if there's nothing He can't do, can God make a soup so hot he can't eat it?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    BinFrog wrote:

(well, infinite unless you believe in string theory & calabai-yau shapes and the possibility of a "smallest possible" space measurement),
    I don't have homework but I'm really interested in finding out more about string theory. It seems really out there from what i've read. I've been watching the PBS series "The Elegant Universe (from nova) and i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the 11 diminsions and stuff.

Is there an easy way to break it down?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    what makes the sky blue?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    FirstExit wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    FirstExit wrote:
    Ask me anything.

Time doesn't exist, all living matter ages slower with out a gravity source. :ugeek: