Striking out

WoobynabWoobynab Posts: 50
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Last weekend I was visiting a few friends in the capitol hill district of Seattle. After a bit of walking around and a few drinks we headed into a really nice bowling alley / billiard hall. I had a couple more beverages in the martini bar and then decided to bowl. Unfortunately my level of inebriation had a negative impact on my bowling skills, and I was throwing gutterballs like no tomorrow. Previously in the evening, I had boasted about my undisputed skills with bowling. :oops:
Halfway through our second game, I was sitting back in my chair sulking over my failed attempts, when one of my friends mentioned that one of the Pearl Jam guys was the owner of the bowling alley. :shock:
My eyes bulged open with a new sense of selfawareness and confidence when he mentioned these words. "Some guy named Stone or something," he said. "Stone Gossard," I screamed in his face, with a new sense of focus. As I made my next shot I yelled, "By the Power of Stone!" I made my first strike of the evening. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice. I always sulk when I bowl poorly, which is usually the case.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Gald you got a strike!! ;-)...That said, if memory serves me correctly, the establishment in question is owned by Mike and Kelly Curtis.
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • I was a bit disheartened to not hear any Pearl Jam songs on the sound system. PJ makes some great bowling music. (I mean that in an honorable way) :D
  • Gald you got a strike!! ;-)...That said, if memory serves me correctly, the establishment in question is owned by Mike and Kelly Curtis.

It's the Garage.