Listening to Jack Johnson's New Live Album

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited November 2009 in The Porch
He's got a duet with Eddie in it (for those of you that don't know)...They're singing Constellations, and i'm thinking, why doesn't Eddie cover this song? or at least pre-set it...i think he can really do this song justice if he covered it...you thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    He's got a duet with Eddie in it (for those of you that don't know)...They're singing Constellations, and i'm thinking, why doesn't Eddie cover this song? or at least pre-set it...i think he can really do this song justice if he covered it...you thoughts?

I think ED could do a lot of songs justice :)

But yes, the duet EASILY highlights the compilation. Constellations is such a beautiful song without Ed, and when you add his voice.... it's... perfect. :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    love that song. I got the cd when it first came out and can't stop listening to the entire disc. I wish him and ed would do a solo tour together. kind of like how dave matthews toured with "friends" a few years back.
  • love that song. I got the cd when it first came out and can't stop listening to the entire disc. I wish him and ed would do a solo tour together. kind of like how dave matthews toured with "friends" a few years back.

yes the live album is indeed excellent, i listened to it for the first time today...i got the whole CD/DVD/Vinyl/MP3/poster (which came signed)/t-shirt deal and so i heard it for the first time today...it's excellent. as much as the duet is beautifully done, i think ed should cover it by himself (be it with PJ, or solo show, or preset)
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    what show is it from?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    what show is it from?

it's a live compilation album (like LO2L) called En Concert and there's also a DVD of it (which i haven't seen, but i'm assuming it's like a touring band 2000 or Imagine In Cornice sort of thing...the performance is from Manchester Tennessee
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Anyone one ever Jack and Eddie do "I Wanna be your Boyfriend?" It was pretty good but I don't remember what show it was from (I know it was a PJ show).

edit- I think it was a tag of Better Man, circa 04?
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    .the performance is from Manchester Tennessee
    Constellations is? Nice!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown