Off He Goes - need accurate chords....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited December 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got chords off some site....

This part does not sound right...

F Am F Am
Said he'll see me on the flipside......of this trip he's taken for a ride

What are the chords meant to be?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The chords are pretty much right, but it's basically the intro again. That should do it.
  • F Am
    Said he'll see me on the flipside
    F Am
    On this trip he's taking for a ride

How do I get the pattern right here?
    It doesn't sound like a straight out strum of the chords.
    Anyone know?
    Sounds like the intro pattern but I cannot nail it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Sounds like the intro pattern but I cannot nail it.

Well, that's because it IS the intro pattern. :) Just play around with it and you'll get there.
  • The chords are pretty much right, but it's basically the intro again. That should do it.

lol sorry didn't see your post.
    How do you play the intro? As per my above post its like a pattern.
  • Here are my guesses....

Pick the following:

1st string 1st fret
    2nd string 3rd fret
    3rd string 3rd fret
    3rd string 2nd fret

Then play the Am chord

OR

Pick the following

2nd string open
    2nd string 3rd fret
    3rd string 3rd fret
    3rd string 2nd fret

Then play Am chord
  • It's just an issue of timing... the curse of chord/tab notation is that it doesn't really give you tempo, just notes. So you know *what* to play, just not *when* to play it.

In that part of the song, you're coming out of a verse, so hold the Am chord from the last line of the verse ("...moving much too fast..."). So it's an Am chord for "Said he'll", then an F chord for "see me on the", then back to Am for "flip-side". Back to F for "Of this trip he's", then back to Am for "taken for a ride".

When looking up chord notation, the ones written in Courier font are usually (but not always) written with the chords right at the transition points, since Courier is a uniform-width font (so the letter "i" takes up as much space as any other letter, keeping the spacing the same). Of course, you should be able to listen to the track and play along, finding the chord changes yourself. This one is easy, since there's a major-key and minor-key chord that alternate. If your ears can't tell the difference yet, you'll develop that eventually.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Thank you so much to all.
    I am getting better at this song :D