Options

hotel facilities _ what is it? (OT)

milenaferrantemilenaferrante Posts: 21
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Sorry for the off topic.

I'm trying to understand what are

"window opens" in the description of a hotel.

Can someone help me? Sorry again but I had to find american friends since that as far as I understand an American feature.

thanx!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for the off topic.

Can someone help me? Sorry again but I had to find american friends since that as far as I understand an American feature.

thanx!!

it means you can open your window,as opposed to the hotels where the window does NOT open.

if you 4:20 it's a good thing to have a window that opens :)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,942
    Sorry for the off topic.

thanx!!

sounds like a dump if they are advertising that a window opens.

thats like "water runs"
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I '24
  • Options

not in New York.

don't want to encourage any jumpers! :)
  • Options
    kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Twenty eight years in the hospitality industry here, most of it loading "special features" into computer databases.

Some newer hotels are built with windows that do not open, usually floor to ceiling type windows. For some hotels this is both a financial decision (people leave the air conditioning on and the windows open) an insurance issue (people jumping out or throwing things out a window), or just cosmetic (to make the building exterior all shiney glass!).

A window that opens in some cities is preferrable due to nice weather or people with claustrophobia.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    thanx for you great reply and thanx again to all of you...

that was an interesting lesson of US culture...!!!
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Twenty eight years in the hospitality industry here, most of it loading "special features" into computer databases.

Some newer hotels are built with windows that do not open, usually floor to ceiling type windows. For some hotels this is both a financial decision (people leave the air conditioning on and the windows open) an insurance issue (people jumping out or throwing things out a window), or just cosmetic (to make the building exterior all shiney glass!).

A window that opens in some cities is preferrable due to nice weather or people with claustrophobia.

Peace,
    KJ
  • Options
    quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185

thats like "water runs"

I worked for a big touring band and had a list of questions about facilities for every hotel we were going to be at. An important question I had to ask was "do the windows open?" Both for the safety of the rock star babies and for the rock star daddies who smoke.
    It's a legit thing to put in a hotel description. I completely prefer windows that open, spending as much time in hotels as I do.
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies