Options

Camden NJ, most dangerous city in America

2»

Comments

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Like some other people said, Camden is pretty bad, but I don't really care. What I do care about is that the whatchamacallit Center is a piece of shit concert place. Someone said "if you get a sweet spot it sounds good" - um, you have to be in a sweet spot?

Also, getting to the place is always a debacle. I waited in about a 2 hour line to get on a ferry to see Radiohead, and got to my seat during their first song. I heard the traffic on the bridge was just as bad. And Radiohead was trying to cut down on their fans CO2's :lol: .

Here are other places they can have the shows:
    FU Center - whatever, it's there, at least you can get to it.
    Mann - amazing venue - maybe not big enough, but it works. Plenty of parking.
    Tower - same as Mann - and it's 2 blocks from 69th St Station, so very easy to get to via public transit.
    Citizens Park - I guess that'd be ok - might be too big for PJ.

I agree with the FU because as you stated it is easier to get to. And I miss the Mann, that would be so cool, but again as you stated not big enough, dito Tower. Citizen's Park probably would not have good sound either, though I have not attended a concert there so I am not certain. I've heard bad things about the sound at Lincoln Financial as well. Though I know U2 will be playing there next year and I wonder what the reports will be. I would probably go if I could afford U2 tickets, they are a great show.

Again, I will go to Camden again for Pearl Jam of course. I just wish the NJ goverment would have taken measures to improve the surrounding area in the last ten or so years which in turn may have improved the entire city. i understand that now is not the time as the country is in a recession and things will be bad for awhile. And I know things are easier said then done.