Pearl Jam Tattoo

unthought12unthought12 Posts: 64
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Just got my first PJ tat, and I feel ALIVE!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Congrats!!
    Lets see it!
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    congrats! i am sooo jealous! been dying for some new ink. post a picture so we can all see!!
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    nice one put it up for all to see
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • They are addictive! You must post a picture! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :D

Congratulations!
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Nice.. I've been thinking about getting the stickman.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Even I am thinking of getting one now and I've never been into tats! :lol::lol::lol: Just a small one on my shoulder or on my back. Certain conservative people I have much to do with would hit the roof if I got one, I'd be accused of going through my second teenage, or something. And I have a mother who is totally neurotic about them. But there are some really nice PJ designs around, if I ever got a tat it would be a PJ one for sure. Now my 15 year old daughter wants a tat as well and I've told her to wait until she's a little bit older and then she can make the decision for herself. I'm not one of these dictatorial parents who say "no" to everything their children want.
  • YOU ALL KNOW WHERE THOSE BEAUTIES BELONG
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1154506885
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Even I am thinking of getting one now and I've never been into tats! :lol::lol::lol: Just a small one on my shoulder or on my back. Certain conservative people I have much to do with would hit the roof if I got one, I'd be accused of going through my second teenage, or something. And I have a mother who is totally neurotic about them. But there are some really nice PJ designs around, if I ever got a tat it would be a PJ one for sure. Now my 15 year old daughter wants a tat as well and I've told her to wait until she's a little bit older and then she can make the decision for herself. I'm not one of these dictatorial parents who say "no" to everything their children want.
    Go for it I'm on the higher side of 45 looking at getting a New P.J. Tatt soon real sooon.My 19 year old daughter has tattoos and is keen for a P.J. tatt soon too, May go together
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • YOU ALL KNOW WHERE THOSE BEAUTIES BELONG

I think you have my PJ one's in there! So cool that you did this...I love looking at them!
  • pjamaholic wrote:

Hey, if you feel it, go for it. Start small, you can always add. I started very small, with a dragonfly shaped as a bass cleft on my shoulder. Dragonflies represent renewal, and the power of life, sense of self and maturity...change. I went through some bad times in my life, and when I finally came into my own, I got this. The bass cleft represent the foundation of music and music really helped through some bad times. I ONLY get them to represent a poignant point in my life, so they all tell a story.

That turned into more dragonflies coming out of a lotus...then I got a heart with my husbands name, a moon and stars with some black crowes lyrics, a vine and sunflowers with some Pearl Jam lyrics, the coast of Big Sur with some Pearl Jam lyrics...

My Mom went nuts, but now she doesn't say anything. All can be covered with clothing except for my wrist one, and I just wear a watch or bracelet to work. Screw what others think, they are very personal and only for you. HA...get NOT FOR YOU tattooed. :)

My son has my same addiction. He got his first at 16.
  • SH17171 wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Go for it I'm on the higher side of 45 looking at getting a New P.J. Tatt soon real sooon.My 19 year old daughter has tattoos and is keen for a P.J. tatt soon too, May go together
    I agree, go for it. I'm 39 and this was my first tat. I'd put a picture of it on here, but gotta ask my wife how to do that. I'm not up on that stuff.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    I wanted one for my birthday last month, but my mom said once I turn 18 I can get one. So 11 months (exactly, actually) until my first tattoo which will most definitely be PJ related-- I already have a bunch of ideas in mind!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • SH17171 wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:

I too am 45, have 8 tattoos - no PJ yet - I like the one in your avatar, was thinking of getting that on my back and adding a tiny bit of color for the background. My 17 year old daughter- my PJ concert buddy - just got her first tattoo, not PJ, but maybe we can get our PJ tats at the same time!
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Evergreen wrote:
    YOU ALL KNOW WHERE THOSE BEAUTIES BELONG

I think you have my PJ one's in there! So cool that you did this...I love looking at them!
    :D u are on board baby.. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Evergreen wrote:
    They are addictive! You must post a picture! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :D

Congratulations!
    Got it!!!
    Nice pics dimitris some good work on peoples skin cheers
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
    diddly12 wrote:
    Just got my first PJ tat, and I feel ALIVE!!!
    Oh Yeah :D
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • SH17171 wrote:
    Nice pics dimitris some good work on peoples skin cheers
    Cheers my friend,,are u in???couse ill be happy for that.. :D
  • pjamaholic wrote:

Know exactly what you're sayin except that in my case I always wanted one but for years I always let more conservative people (hubby included) talk me out of it. Then hubby got one!? So anyway I started w/the word "smile" in fancy script inside left wrist-for one of my fav songs & my nickname even outside this forum. Once I find a working camera (mine died @ Philly shows before I got any good pics-arrrrrggggghhhhh!) I'll post pic of it. Recently one of the 5th grders I work with asked how come I'm always telling them to stop writing on themselves w/pen but then I did? referring of course to my tat (so it can be a little tricky) but it doesn't show much & I don't consider it unprofessional even for where I work-usually other people frown on it but I guess @ my age I'm no longer concerned so much w/pleasing others at my own expense. Anyway my main warning-as others have said-IT'S ADDICTIVE!!!! Planning at least 2 more that will be more PJ related-maybe on ankle or foot. Always feel if you're gonna do it-it shouldn't be too hidden. That's just me tho :mrgreen:

& back to topic-OP-congrats on your first & glad PJ inspired you!!!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Evergreen wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:

Hey, if you feel it, go for it. Start small, you can always add. I started very small, with a dragonfly shaped as a bass cleft on my shoulder. Dragonflies represent renewal, and the power of life, sense of self and maturity...change. I went through some bad times in my life, and when I finally came into my own, I got this. The bass cleft represent the foundation of music and music really helped through some bad times. I ONLY get them to represent a poignant point in my life, so they all tell a story.

This is so great-love how they tell a story-kinda history of your life! My friend has bass cleft & (something else I forget at moment) on her wrist-they come together to form a heart upside down! :mrgreen:

That turned into more dragonflies coming out of a lotus...then I got a heart with my husbands name, a moon and stars with some black crowes lyrics, a vine and sunflowers with some Pearl Jam lyrics, the coast of Big Sur with some Pearl Jam lyrics...

My Mom went nuts, but now she doesn't say anything. All can be covered with clothing except for my wrist one, and I just wear a watch or bracelet to work. Screw what others think, they are very personal and only for you. HA...get NOT FOR YOU tattooed. :)

My son has my same addiction. He got his first at 16.
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • diddly12 wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:
    They are addictive! You must post a picture! I'll show you mine if you show me yours! :D

Congratulations!
    Got it!!!

My Pearl Jam ones... (I have a few others :D )

5575_124518051972_713681972_2556185.jpg
    6818_1236224823130_1154506885_72971.jpg
  • congrats!!! I have a few tattooos....just got my first PJ one a couple months ago....lyrics down my back!! But congrats!! hahaha
    I miss you alreddie.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Evergreen wrote:
    diddly12 wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:

Congratulations!
    Got it!!!

ooh, we chose the same lyrics for our tattoos :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Nice Hitch-Hiker! I love yours too!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,834
    i don't have any tats, but I do remember going to my first PJ show in Camden in '98 one guy had a tat of the stickman on his calf. I was thinking that would be pretty cool to have.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Evergreen wrote:
    diddly12 wrote:
    Evergreen wrote:

Congratulations!
    Got it!!!

Beautiful!!!