giventowail.com alternative?

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,547
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Used to be "the site" for Pearl Jam guitar tabs & stuff. Anybody know an alternative site that has good PJ tabs?

Thanks! :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You can try ultimate-guitar.com
  • What happened to GTW? Did the owners decide to give it up? They should have seen if someone was willing to take it over?
  • I've been a GTW member for, god it must be 9 years, even tho I lost my account when they migrated the site to version 2.0

They are working on getting v3.0 up and running but are changing the design to use DRUPAl which is just a content 'tool' to give it a nice fresh professional look.

In terms of tab sites, Ultimate-guitar is probably the best out there, but unfortunately when it comes to Pearl Jam tabs nothing gets close to the quality Evan etc could produce.

I use Ultimate guitar if I just want a head start on a tab, but if I want accuracy and confidence I always use GTW and to be honest there is no substitute for the tabs they can put out!

Hopefully they can get it back up and running before Xmas, what a present that would be....I miss them already!
  • ttabs.com seem to have quite a few decent PJ tabs, quite a few ripped from GTW as well (not that thats a good thing, but at least they are still available whilst GTW isnt!)

Mark
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I tried to get into it just a couple of days ago, but it wouldnt accept anything I tried to do, including password, username etc. Frustrating.
  • Pjam, the site is still being 'upgraded' so there is nothing we can do to get in at the moment.

The page you 'see' is just the admin page for the owners of the website, nothing there for us 'normal' people at the mo, hope they get it up and running again soon, I know how annoying it can be to get a website attacked :(
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Yeah thanks, isnt it Mike's site? I really want to get into it if that's the case! ;)
  • There is a thread about given to wail in the musicians gearheads forum.
    The site was hacked.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014