40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN? HELP!!

veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
edited November 2009 in The Porch
In a nutshell: I'm actually still 38 and have been a massive PJ fan since the start but despite this in all my years of going to gigs (Tom Waits, Nick Cave, REM etc.) and if I'm going to be honest (AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Ozzy and EXTREME!! there I've got it off my chest at last :oops: I've never seen PJ live and I'm worried about being the 40 year old virgin which is why today I registered because I'm sick of missing out on all the excitement you people have been so richly enjoying. I have 200+ boots and in my head I've been at them all but I know I'm missing out the kind of band you only get once in a blue moon (Led Zep and eh...) Work and family has been the main reason and yes, signing up to 10c would have helped but the guys are hardly visitors to my backyard either, two visits to Glasgow meaning another must be due (via Edinburgh, Aberdeen....) 2010!! Please don't let it happen, please tell me I'm not the only one, someone show me the way to the light and encourage me to undo my errors and I'll give you a wave in MSG on all 4 nights in May. After Scotland of course!! Peace out :)
Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hmm cold north scotland..

you didn't get the memo, i'm brining them with me on vacation next year, which, if all goes to plan, will be in scotland. lucky you.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    You'd be making a good decision, we're ever so friendly and we don't actually wear kilts. You guys are lucky, P J rarely drive past Chicago without giving you 2 nights and I'm left to watch the relays like a peeping tom! Alternatively I immerse myself in the Soldier Field 95 boot. Loch Lomond next summer and I'll make the breakfast!

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    veddertown wrote:
    You'd be making a good decision, we're ever so friendly and we don't actually wear kilts. You guys are lucky, P J rarely drive past Chicago without giving you 2 nights and I'm left to watch the relays like a peeping tom! Alternatively I immerse myself in the Soldier Field 95 boot. Loch Lomond next summer and I'll make the breakfast!

I'm in. :mrgreen:

welcome to the board! I hope you get to see Pearl Jam before your 40th birthday. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    Finland, Brrrrr... :lol: Pearl Jam Arctic Circle Tour 2010 coming soon to a town nowhere near anywhere! Watch this space :mrgreen:

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    OOOO - KELLY CLARKSON!!!

sq_carell_chest_wax.jpg

(sorry, couldn't resist)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Finland, Chicago, San Francisco or anywhere! I need to pop my PJ cherry somewhere! Kelly Clarkson indeed :D

• Have you thought about going to a hooker? And by hooker I mean a tribute band.
  • i saw this thread and actually thought he was a 40 yearl old virgin
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    But... but I'd feel so dirty and ashamed! I don't think I could you know... climax :oops:

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    i saw this thread and actually thought he was a 40 yearl old virgin

same!
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Brisk. wrote:

same!
    Same for me, too. :lol: I was going to direct him to the PJ Dating Thread.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Extreme? There may be no excuse for going to see them unless a hot babe made you go.
  • I finally went to my first Pearl Jam show a couple of months ago. I had been missing out all those years for one reason or another, hope to see them again soon. Hopefully you Veddertown will get to see them soon too. You will have a lot of fun!
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007

Yeah same here! :roll:
  • i_lov_it wrote:

Me too! Clearly we all think alike!! ;)
  • i_lov_it wrote:

Is that because you all have sex on your minds?? ;)
  • sideshow77 wrote:

Hey, I can only answer for myself.......and for mysef, that would be a big fat YES!!!! :shock: :lol:
  • sideshow77 wrote:

Hey, I can only answer for myself.......and for mysef, that would be a big fat YES!!!! :shock: :lol:

Honesty is everything ;)
  • sideshow77 wrote:

Hey, I can only answer for myself.......and for mysef, that would be a big fat YES!!!! :shock: :lol:[/quote]

Honesty is everything ;)[/quote]

Best policy!!! ;)
  • I better leave this thread at that before I get myself into trouble :-)...Perth is a too small a place
  • sideshow77 wrote:
    I better leave this thread at that before I get myself into trouble :-)...Perth is a too small a place

HAHAHA!!!!! ;)
  • i saw this thread and actually thought he was a 40 yearl old virgin
    I thought this would be a thread started by a 40-year old virgin asking for advice on how to pick up chicks at a Pearl Jam show.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I thought this would be a thread started by a 40-year old virgin asking for advice on how to pick up chicks at a Pearl Jam show.

Haha :lol:
    Yeah, I'd figured after all these years reading the forums I knew well enough to know the secret to having a post read is a good keyword. Luck would have it you're all as predictable as I'd imagined and I don't know if that's a good thing! Sorry to mislead but I got your attention and now you know who I am. I'm the guy who saw Extreme and it was with a guy who had a spare ticket not a hot babe! I must be making a great impression :D Hope you lucky bunch in Aus and NZ have a good week and continue making me jealous with some good setlists cos that means more good boots! I'll be watching closely as usual dreaming about the ultimate setlist, More than words, Get the funk out etc.... Enjoy dammit!

• Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    veddertown wrote:
    Yeah, I'd figured after all these years reading the forums I knew well enough to know the secret to having a post read is a good keyword. Luck would have it you're all as predictable as I'd imagined and I don't know if that's a good thing! Sorry to mislead but I got your attention and now you know who I am. I'm the guy who saw Extreme and it was with a guy who had a spare ticket not a hot babe! I must be making a great impression :D Hope you lucky bunch in Aus and NZ have a good week and continue making me jealous with some good setlists cos that means more good boots! I'll be watching closely as usual dreaming about the ultimate setlist, More than words, Get the funk out etc.... Enjoy dammit!

I'm sure the dude with the spare ticket was the lucky one...are you single?
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    apologies to the op for being distracted..
    you should be so lucky to have your first show to look forward to, everything is better live.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
    I'm part of a happy couple thanks and busy repopulating the planet with another generation of fans (slowly working with 3 converts and 3 undecided) I remember oh so vaguely the excitement of my first Maiden gig in 86 but PJ will eclipse that easy. Hoping for MSG next year!! :)

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    veddertown wrote:
    Finland, Brrrrr... :lol: Pearl Jam Arctic Circle Tour 2010 coming soon to a town nowhere near anywhere! Watch this space :mrgreen:

oi! there's plenty of towns near.. :think: things.. :? here.. :mrgreen:

also, sadly it's not very cold here at the moment. at least not where I live.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    veddertown wrote:
    I'm part of a happy couple thanks and busy repopulating the planet with another generation of fans (slowly working with 3 converts and 3 undecided) I remember oh so vaguely the excitement of my first Maiden gig in 86 but PJ will eclipse that easy. Hoping for MSG next year!! :)

Do it! Popping your cherry @ MSG is a great way to go ;) I do hope they play Scotland, cause I plan to be there!
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited November 2009
    I saw Exteme @ SECC back in was it 91/92??? ... that the show you were at? ... and I'm not ashamed :mrgreen: My first ever gig!

Next time they're in the UK even if they don't hit Scotland you have to make it to a show :D
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?