Does anyone else monitor PJ on Twitter?

michelleelisemichelleelise Posts: 346
edited December 2009 in The Porch
I don't mean PJ's account, I mean occasionally searching twitter for "pearl jam" or "eddie vedder"?

I do every once in a while. I've seen some funny tweets... some frustrating ones, too.

For example, one guy said that he lost respect for either Eddie or Ten when he learned that Ed hadn't written all the music himself. Seriously? Who ever thought Ed wrote all the music on Ten? Things like that make me want to DM a complete stranger but then I suppose that would be going too far ;)

A few funny things I've seen...

- A wine store in Adelaide tweeting about sending Ed wine for the concert. They never tweeted anything about his on-stage response, though :lol:

- Multiple tweets that Ed sounds like Neil Diamond on "Just Breathe".. which I wish I'd never seen because now I can hear that, too.

Anyway..it's a fun time-waster, I guess. Anyone else ever do this? Or have I just embarrassed myself :)

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%22pearl%20jam%22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I try to stay away from twitter at all costs
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • I follow @pearljam a fake eddie vedder account @twofeetthick and I also follow @drtyfrankdahmer although not sure if that is how you spell his handle.

In any event, you either love twitter or you hate it.

Good time to get onto twitter and start following @pearljam - they just started this neat contest up again:

http://twitpic.com/qnub8 - Free limited edition orange vinyl. First one at the location in the pic gets it!
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • I try to stay away from twitter at all costs

Ha, I got sucked in and addicted!! Kinda like what's happening to me now with the messageboards :D
  • i half ass get why celebrities twitter but why do everyday folk twitter. like anyone cares they are going to clean the garage or they just took a shower.
  • No offense...but i think Twitter is the "Biggest Waste of Time".
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• I've alwawys wondered what to call it when someone has just used Twitter?
    What is the past tense of the verb "to Twitter"?

Have they just Twat?
    |9.5.93Gorge|2.6.95Moore|5.7.98AROSpace|7.21.98Seattle|7.22.98Seattle|10.21.00PHX|11.5.00Seattle
    |11.6.00Seattle|6.6.03Vegas|6.7.03PHX|5.25.06Boston|7.22.06Gorge|7.23.06Gorge|9.21.09Seattle|9.22.09Seattle |10.6.09LA|11.19.13PHX|11.29.13Portland|12.6.13Seattle |10.22.14Denver| 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle

EV Solo |7.15.11 Benaroya|7.16.11 Benaroya|4.13.12PHX|10.30.14Redmond|
    TOTD 11.11.16 San Fran
  • Well, like any of the social networks, it depends on how you use it - some people post interesting updates and some post a bunch of drivel. Not much different than Facebook (or a messageboard, for that matter)

But, anyway, I thought the interesting part was being able to see how Pearl Jam is trending as far as "real world" chatter. Like I said, sometimes it's amusing and I've also found some pretty good links that way....

If you search PJ or Eddie, you get a lot of random crap, but if you search Mike or Stone you end up finding true fans and some good conversations.

edit: nice feed, DirtyFrankDahmr!
  • I joined for about 2 days then unsubscribed. I just couldn't see the point in it. "What are you doing?", "uh, wasting time in front of the computer what else?" I just didn't get anything out of it.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I like Twitter. for two reasons basically:

1) there's a few people I talk to on there who I don't talk to elsewhere
    2) sometimes I just have a thought and want to blurt it out. :D (this has been happening for years and years now, well before Twitter.) Twitter is perfect for that and I don't really care whether people see it or not. writing said thoughts out on paper or something like that doesn't appeal to me. neither does saying them out loud. mainly cause it's mostly just myself and my cat around and well.. it just would be strange. :lol:

of course, I like following some celebrity types, sometimes they have interesting things to Tweet.

as for the OP's question, I don't really "monitor" Pearl Jam on Twitter. but I might do that now, when I'm bored. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • I joined for about 2 days then unsubscribed. I just couldn't see the point in it. "What are you doing?", "uh, wasting time in front of the computer what else?" I just didn't get anything out of it.

Yeah, I almost never post anything myself since I don't want to post boring stuff like that. And I've un-followed a lot of people who use it for that. I think DirtyFrankDahmrs feed is a good example of it being used well, though.
  • These are very good questions. There is definitely a period of a day or two after you join where you're like "what's the point of twitter". At first i just thought it was the "status" part of facebook, but I can explain how I use it in my daily life

First, i saw this nice overview, complete with a YouTube vid: http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/tutor ... ndex.shtml

Secondly, it's been essential for TwoFeetThick for gaining readership. We don't have financial gains for increasing our readership, but at the same time ... since we take so much time to write and research articles, we might as well try kinda hard to get people to read them =)

We now have > 800 followers, and every time we publish an article or news item, that means a tween automatically goes out to those followers. If those followers like the article, they can re-tweet it (RT) which is basically like forwarding in email.

Twitter is all about communication, and about publicizing what you're doing with teh possibility of reciprocation. For example, we posted our review of Austin City Limits festival back in October. One of our readers RT'd on his Twitter feed and it reached a long-time fan in Austin who used to be a big Pearl Jam fan but fell off in the '90s. This person saw our site, looked up the Austin shows in the COncert Chronology, and saw that she had info - and ticket scans - that helped us nail down some dates. The result was we were able to give back more info the readers in this article http://www.twofeetthick.com/2009/10/tex ... corrected/ and we really didn't have to lift a finger.

I guess as you can tell i'm a big fan, so if you have any more questions, i'll try and answer them.
    -JR
    TwoFeetThick.com
    "Pearl Jam for the Impassioned Fan"