Backspacer Rules.

Music For RhinosMusic For Rhinos Posts: 1,693
edited November 2009 in The Porch
It's a really fucking good record...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Yes it is. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Hell yeah! Best album they made since Yield. All they needed was Brendan O'Brien
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    LONGRD wrote:
    Hell yeah! Best album they made since Yield. All they needed was Brendan O'Brien

I love it but its not as good as ST imo. I think thats the best album they have made. Just putting it out there lol :D
  • LONGRD wrote:

:o:o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

album-Pearl-Jam-Binaural.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    LONGRD wrote:

Binaural is a great album
  • I was hoping this thread will be listing the rules of Backspacer.
    2009:* Berlin, Aug. 15 * Seattle WA, Sept. 21, 22 * Vancouver BC, Sept. 25 * Portland OR, Sept. 26 * Universal City CA, Oct. 6, 7 *

"See the waves on distant shores... awaiting your arrival"
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Maayan.H wrote:
    I was hoping this thread will be listing the rules of Backspacer.
    thats what i thought too
    satansbed wrote:
    Maayan.H wrote:
    thats what i thought too

Sorry Satan, yer Backspacer is a kick ass album :D
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Backspacer does rule indeed. 8-) I should listen to it again, it's been a few weeks. :D
    philthehip wrote:
    LONGRD wrote:

I love it but its not as good as ST imo. I think thats the best album they have made. Just putting it out there lol :D

:wtf: :|

you're insane. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Maayan.H wrote:
    #1. Don't ask Johnny Guitar why he be smilin'
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    DeLukin wrote:
    Maayan.H wrote:
    #1. Don't ask Johnny Guitar why he be smilin'
    2. dont criticize Backspacer..... ever!!!!!! its the greatest album that will ever be made in the history of music, infact it would be wise if everyone just gave up making music at all because after this masterpiece there is no point ;);)
    eMMI wrote:
    Backspacer does rule indeed. 8-) I should listen to it again, it's been a few weeks. :D
    philthehip wrote:
    LONGRD wrote:

I am insane but I really do feel that its the best album. I love all the albums but ST is my fave. Life Wasted, WWS, Comatose and Severed Hand blow me away. Every song on the album is strong. Come Back is PJs best song, Inside Job is amazing. Infact, the whole albums ROCKS.
  • 3. The First Rule of Backspacer is that you don't talk about Backspacer
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I FUCKIN´ LOVE IT !!!!!!!
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
    philthehip wrote:

I am insane but I really do feel that its the best album. I love all the albums but ST is my fave. Life Wasted, WWS, Comatose and Severed Hand blow me away. Every song on the album is strong. Come Back is PJs best song, Inside Job is amazing. Infact, the whole albums ROCKS.
    it certainly doesnt get enough credit phil
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    philthehip wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

well.. all of the songs rock live - definitely. but I really never listen to ST nowadays. (I seem to skip the rockier ST songs on boots too.) there are a few songs I LOVE (Inside Job, Come Back, Army Reserve) but the rest just sounds, I don't know, bleh. :?

also, I don't think Ed sounds very good. he's more screaming than singing.. to be fair, it's been a while since I listened to ST so it's not very fresh in my memory. and of course you're entitled to your opinion. :D I just disagree. heartily. :P
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    LONGRD wrote:

• philthehip wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

its all good..as u say its your favorite ,im ok with that......but not the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!an album that is up 2 months cant compare with a 20 years one!!!!!!!that stay in time one of the best ever in the whole music history,that wins any voting that goes for..(TEN)..come on,im sure u can get that. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    philthehip wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

its all good..as u say its your favorite ,im ok with that......but not the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!an album that is up 2 months cant compare with a 20 years one!!!!!!!that stay in time one of the best ever in the whole music history,that wins any voting that goes for..(TEN)..come on,im sure u can get that. ;)

Just to be clear D Im talking about ST/Avocado not Backspacer.
  • philthehip wrote:

Just to be clear D Im talking about ST/Avocado not Backspacer.
    :thumbup:
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    By the way, were there any outtakes and unreleased tracks from Backspacer?
    Demos or whatever...just seems like they would have recorded more than 11 songs.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yes, it does.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    LONGRD wrote:
    By the way, were there any outtakes and unreleased tracks from Backspacer?
    Demos or whatever...just seems like they would have recorded more than 11 songs.

According to Mike they have several and may put them out soon.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • bump
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    4. Love ain’t love until you give it up
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • i am a believer in new music, and it is at the very core of why i am a fan today

and ummm i am deeply in love with first's
  • Backspacer is fucking awesom theres not a sinfle track on it that i dont like
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    It's a really fucking good record...
    It really the fuck is!!! A few months in now and it really resonates.