Sydney Bootleg

twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Has the band never not released a show? I imagine Ed won't be too happy with last nights and the thought crossed my mind that it might not get released. Has that ever happened in the bootleg era?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    twojawas wrote:
    Has the band never not released a show? I imagine Ed won't be too happy with last nights and the thought crossed my mind that it might not get released. Has that ever happened in the bootleg era?

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, and I haven't read about the show in question, but if you don't mind, Why was Eddie unhappy at the show?
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    Wilds wrote:
    twojawas wrote:

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, and I haven't read about the show in question, but if you don't mind, Why was Eddie unhappy at the show?

He was quite ill. I felt bad for the bastard. He gave it his all though.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    twojawas wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    twojawas wrote:

He was quite ill. I felt bad for the bastard. He gave it his all though.

oh, that sucks. Sure it was still good.

he was sick in Las Vegas in 2006 and they released that one.... so I wouldn't worry.
  • twojawas wrote:

they better release it. eddie is a hard marker but everyone around me had a ball. got a bit rough at the end but i want the boot. i have every show ive ever been to (sydney 95 was the first!)
    newey 06 best show ever, sydney bdo 2014 close second
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    It was too good of a concert not to release it. Man, it went off the charts. One of the best, if not the best PJ gig I have been too, despite his voice. Having said that, his voice still was awesome.

If they didn't, I for one, would petition that they did release it.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • dont see that will be aproblem for not to release those boots
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I'm pretty sure they have released every bootleg since the 2000 bootleg program. (With the exception of Roskilde.) 90% of people who buy these are die hard PJ fans or people who attend the show. I don't think a casual fan is buying these boots. Those 90% of people buying them will want it regardless of how Ed sounds.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • twojawas wrote:

Some, if not all, of the Euro 2007 shows weren't officially released.
    Shame, cos Wembley was a corking concert!
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • soopsoop Posts: 191
    None of the 2004 shows were released either.
  • He was horribly sick at Birmingham Alabama 2003. The show was under 2 hours and the setlist was all greatest hits. They released the boot. Actually, Phoenix 2003 followed Las Vegas 2003. He was ok in Vegas and then in Phoenix, his voice was shot and his illness kicked in. It was painful to listen to. He was sick for several shows afterwards and I think Birmingham was the peak of the illness. Also, at that venue, it was drizzling and cold. It wasn't until West Palm Beach 2003 did he sound fully recovered.

He was sick in LA 2000. He even said he was contemplating canceling that show. Boot got released. So I think if the philosophy hasn't changed, Sidney would get released.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river