Sydney concert 2009

Belly76Belly76 Posts: 5
edited November 2009 in The Porch
The Sydney concert was awesome. Thanks to Pearl Jam for putting on a great show, each concert I go to you always blow me away, I love it! It was great to see Stone sing Mankind - amazing. Hope to see you back in Australia soon. Thanks Eddie for singing even know you weren't well - still sounded unreal. See the full set list at http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam ... 728ce.html
Thanks ten club for the tickets - really appreciate it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have to agree. The Sydney concert was absolutely UNREAL!
    The heat was rediculous, but all was forgotten as soon as they hit the stage.. actually, all was forgotten as soon as Ed made his first appearance on stage with Ben Harper! I seriously dont know how Harper survived wearing that longsleeve shirt all night! I kept thinking, when are you gonna roll those sleeves up dude?

McCreedy was SO energetic and it was cool to see him doing full speed laps of the stage! As always, his form on the axe was fast, blurry, soulfull, bluesy and emotive all at once. I LOVE that dude.. he's a true Rock n Roll legend.

Eddie FREAKING Vedder was such a good natured, charismatic and inspiring front man. Everyone who attended knows how much heart he put into his performance.. especially considering he wasn't 100%. Ed, I'm sure you know that Sydney really appreciate you giving your all.

And although the crowd was peppered with the odd wanker.. everyone else was just stoked to be there!!

I was there with 4 close mates and we're all still speechless. Thanks for the incredible show!!

I'll never forget it.

Andros.
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    It was awesome. Out of the 5 times I've seen PJ, this would have to be 2nd maybe 1st. I'm on a high right now, thinking number one. But time will tell.

I can't believe many people are saying Sydney is a distant 4 to the other shows they have played. If that is the case, could you imagine how insane the other gigs would of been? If PJ didn't have to leave early and played the other tracks that was on their setlist (Half full, footsteps, wasted reprise, betterman, daughter, alive yel.Led) this concert would of been even further off the fucking charts.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Mike McCready pointed to me woooo.
    The best behaved crowd of my tour.
    Hats off to Eddie for battling on with his flu.
    I didn't drink much from 1pm until the end of the show to avoid having to go toilet.
    Fuck was I dehydrated.
    The cue at that convenience store on Foveaux street was out the door, lucky to get a Gatorade after the show.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • im really comfused about the review of the fans,.,some they say was the best and some that Eddie was sick,and not so good.what happen?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Eddie told the crowd near the start of the concert that he had the flu, but if he hadn't mentioned anything you wouldn't have known he was sick. He was awesome and his voice sounded pretty good from where I was right up the front. I think everyone is being really critical about the concert - to me it was the most amazing experience and probably the best pearl jam show I have been to in the last 15 years.

Let's focus on the positive and hope the Brisbane show rocks!
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Yeah, apart from his grimacing and apologetic waves to the crowd, it wasn't until the end where I started to notice it.

There was one song (Can't remember which one to save myself) but he was supposed to hit a big note, but just kept it quiet.

I am surprised how critical people are. I was thinking, setlist alone competes with the other concerts. Not to mention, they were all in a jovial mood.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • He pulled back off the mic a few times as he couldn't belt out some parts of songs.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,030
    Sadly i was landing back in London when the show was on. Reading comments of the review on the Daily Telegraph was mostly positive but there are those sad people out there still who just want to hear Alive, Betterman & Daughter. These people should not be allowed to go to a PJ show ever again. The great thing about PJ that they so many great songs but you still get these wankers who are tourists & only want to hear the fm radio "hits". How many bands even get close to playing 28 songs! They should have been at the Opera House watching with all the other losers the rubbish called idol!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    BALLBOY wrote:
    Sadly i was landing back in London when the show was on. Reading comments of the review on the Daily Telegraph was mostly positive but there are those sad people out there still who just want to hear Alive, Betterman & Daughter. These people should not be allowed to go to a PJ show ever again. The great thing about PJ that they so many great songs but you still get these wankers who are tourists & only want to hear the fm radio "hits". How many bands even get close to playing 28 songs! They should have been at the Opera House watching with all the other losers the rubbish called idol!

Yeah...like someone said in another thread...they have brought out more then 2 albums you know...some poeple think that because 'Alive' and 'Daughter' didn't get played that it was a crap show...WTF? :roll: