Options

lawn seats for hartford question

SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
edited April 2008 in The Porch
so right now im trying to get 3 tix for the hartford show which sucks because i can either find packages of 2 or 4 for seating. i was wondering why everyone hated the lawn seats so much. ive never been to the place before but i understand they are behind the seats (like any other place with the lawn would have).
severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    Also curious of the same thing.

Why is the Hartford Lawn such a bad deal?
  • Options
    Not sure why people hate it but its much larger than the lawn at most other venues. They usually do a pretty good job of packing people in there too.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    cause its cooler to be in seats and closer
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514
    Plus the TVs might not be in High Def. Maybe they can create a 3-D gimmick for lawn seats, complete w/glasses to watch the shows on the TV?
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    My first show was a the Hartford Meadows in 96 and I had lawn seats and loved every second of it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    ReddevReddev Posts: 7
    Had Hartford lawn tix last tour and it was just to big and did not want to push my way toward the front of the grass and ended up watching the concert on a screen.. Saratoga lawn tix were very good a couple of years before that.
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    you're watching the video screens instead of the band. other than that, the lawn is fine (if it's not raining...then it's muddy)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    because people pee on the toilet seats and the grass is infected with herpes.

and it is hard to see the band once everyone in the seats stand up. Other than that, I have had good times on the lawn.
    They really should have built the last rows of seating a little lower...or the grass a little higher
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    It's just so big and you can end up pretty far away... Holds 20,000 + people.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=meadows+music+theater&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

for a satilitte view... lawn area is massive...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    i've been to the meadows tons of times and in my experience the only thing that sucks about the lawn is that the sound is not LOUD enough.
    "I hit like Mickey Mantle," Vedder said. "Hung over."
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    so right now im trying to get 3 tix for the hartford show which sucks because i can either find packages of 2 or 4 for seating. i was wondering why everyone hated the lawn seats so much. ive never been to the place before but i understand they are behind the seats (like any other place with the lawn would have).

The lawn sucks because it is so small and if it is a popular, "sold out" event you are going to be so packed in. Plus you can't see the stage you get to watch monitors.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    The lawn there is usually packed - and half the people talk through the music. Also at the meadows, there tends to be lots of underage drunk kids on the lawn too.

I didn't think the sound was that great either........
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    No offense to the college crowd, but thats who you will be stuck with. Try getting tickets closer to the night of the show. They usually come up in the seated area as the show gets closer. Look two or three times a day.
    Go lawn if no other choice, you will still have a great time!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you're watching the video screens instead of the band. other than that, the lawn is fine (if it's not raining...then it's muddy)

it was muddy last time. mosh pits on the lawn. drunks pissing where they stand. next to you. splash!
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    Usual lawn complaints aside, I think this is a pretty good amphitheater for viewing from the lawn. It is very steep, to the point where its almost tough to walk up for some. It makes for better viewing. I haven't been to Tweeter since its been redone, but I can remember in the old days, when it was called Great Woods, the lawn was so flat it was impossible to see over the people in the reserved seats. Saratoga is like that too. In Hartford you can actually see the stage from the lawn. Also, its a loooooong walk to the pisser from the lawn.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle