Ed's Blue Guitar on ACL

empossibleempossible Posts: 6
edited December 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know what kind of guitar Ed was using on Porch during ACL?

Here's a photo from the ACL website, unfortunately it doesn't show the headstock (which looked like it had a "D" on it).
http://tr.im/Fv3G

It has a bit of a Gretsch vibe to it, but I've never seen a Gretsch with the controls in the pickguard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Thanks. Some amazing looking guitars they have there.
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Pretty sure it was a gift from Mike Campbell of TP and the Heartbreakers. It started showing up after they toured with them a few years back.
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2845407807_552b5b97cd.jpg
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,970

What's that music during the intro? I like it.

BTW, Carrie Underwood "plays" a Deusenberg. :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cool guitar

15785570-15785573-slarge.jpg
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Pretty sure it was a gift from Mike Campbell of TP and the Heartbreakers. It started showing up after they toured with them a few years back.

Didn't it show up in Nijmegen or Werchter in '07 for the first time? If so, my guess would be that he obtained it in Germany the week before. You can get them in almost every good guitar store around here. After all, they're made right around the corner from where I live. :D
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2845407807_552b5b97cd.jpg

I'm pretty sure you're right. I saw the signature on the pickguard during the show, but couldn't read what it said. That picture definitely looks about right.
  • cool guitar

15785570-15785573-slarge.jpg

Cool pic.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 8/23/09 EV-6//11/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09

It's an inside job today
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

Didn't it show up in Nijmegen or Werchter in '07 for the first time? If so, my guess would be that he obtained it in Germany the week before. You can get them in almost every good guitar store around here. After all, they're made right around the corner from where I live. :D
    PJ did the shows with Petty in 2006. So we both could be right.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Oh. Sorry, I didn't want to imply that you're wrong or anything... Just wanted to add an additional possibility. ;)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    It's a Mike Campbell sig Deusenberg. Well deserved on his part
  • DewieCox wrote:
    It's a Mike Campbell sig Deusenberg. Well deserved on his part

Yepp. No argument here!
  • So does anyone know the price on this bad boy??? I looked on their site but there was no info to be found. :|
    Run and tell the angels that everything is awwwwrigghhtttt...-Dave Grohl, Wembley Stadium
    If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail! -Kurt Cobain
  • it's around $3k

edit: here you go

http://www.duesenbergusa.com/index2.html. it won't let me paste the link, but under the resources tab, there is a price list. ($3,038)

it's a beauty.
  • i have played a few of these. they are really nice. really lightweight and sound amazing. i remember first playing one a couple of years ago and thought the D stood for Danelectro lol... i said to the guy at the store "man Danelectro has really improved their quality lately..." and he said politely "that is NOT a Danelectro...."

i have played some PRSs and les paul customs in the same price range and they don't really compare. these are some seriously sweet guitars...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • I just got around to watching this and I was blown away by that guitar. I had to figure out what it was. Thanks for the help. That is one sexy guitar!