Pearl Jam and Branson Missouri...it's a small world baby!

PatricSaint IIIPatricSaint III Posts: 208
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Got to spend some time with the great singer in the Irish PJ cover band Pearl Jem in Branson MO last weekend. We had a really good time hanging out and making music with some mutual friends and family. First met this fine lad in Reading PA earlier in the year. It really is a small world..... :thumbup:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is the Irish PJ cover band playing in Branson? I live just outside of Branson & would love to see them play. There's never anybody that plays there that I would even consider going to see. But, this interests me. If they are still playing there, could you tell me where & when they play? Thanks!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Is the Irish PJ cover band playing in Branson? I live just outside of Branson & would love to see them play. There's never anybody that plays there that I would even consider going to see. But, this interests me. If they are still playing there, could you tell me where & when they play? Thanks!

Not a chance they'd play there, unfortunately. My pal (Nigel) plays drums for a fella that plays there in Branson for a few weeks every year.

It was my second trip to Branson in 3 years and it's kinda fun there in a weird way. This trip we discovered Eureka Springs AR nearby which we found to be a really cool little town.
  • Eureka Springs is a GREAT little town. I'm glad you got to have a Eureka experience while in the Ozarks. Too bad your friend isn't doing his PJ gig in town :( There are several PJ fans in the area & I know that they as well would enjoy a PJ cover band in town. Branson does have great shopping. I'm guess I'm just jaded on the entertainment in town due to me living & working in the area for so long. Around Branson our favorite saying is: "Its tourist season......why can't we shoot them?"
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Eureka Springs is a GREAT little town. I'm glad you got to have a Eureka experience while in the Ozarks. Too bad your friend isn't doing his PJ gig in town :( There are several PJ fans in the area & I know that they as well would enjoy a PJ cover band in town. Branson does have great shopping. I'm guess I'm just jaded on the entertainment in town due to me living & working in the area for so long. Around Branson our favorite saying is: "Its tourist season......why can't we shoot them?"

I know what you mean about Branson...it's so uncool that it's actually kinda cool in a campy way. I had always heard about it and having been there twice now I can see how it's like a Las Vegas for seniors and rednecks. But the only real gambling there is eating at some of the really bad buffets.

Besides the person we went to spend time with and seeing his performance, I saw two other shows there this time. One was actually pretty good and rocking in a southern/outlaw country rock kinda way and that was Moe Bandy. The other show we saw was dreadful, Yakov Smirnov. Nice guy but what terrible comedy.

As far as Eureka Springs goes....it'll be on my list whenever I get to travel the South.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Bill, I have a hard time picturing you in Branson.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Please let me know when Pearl Jam on Ice comes to town.
  • Make sure you eat at the little Italian restaurant, Ermilio's, and grab a drink at Doc Baker's Lounge at the top of the Crescent Hotel (great views) the next time you are in ES. Lot's of cool lakes, rivers, and hiking trails around the area too, if you are into that.
  • Bill, I have a hard time picturing you in Branson.
    :lol: I was hoping you would see this post..... Actually it's the second time we've been there in 3 years.
    And we may go back again....but we only go to see some of my girlfriends family from Ireland when he plays there, which is typically every November for a few weeks.
  • Please let me know when Pearl Jam on Ice comes to town.
    That's pretty good :twisted:
    Actually it's only a matter of years before the people that play there now (and their fans) will have passed on, so to speak.
    So it's only a matter of time before some has been rock bands start taking it over. And if not there in Branson, something similar will happen when all the rockers in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's are so lazy they just want to travel to a town with a hundred small theaters and spend a week reliving their past...
  • Make sure you eat at the little Italian restaurant, Ermilio's, and grab a drink at Doc Baker's Lounge at the top of the Crescent Hotel (great views) the next time you are in ES. Lot's of cool lakes, rivers, and hiking trails around the area too, if you are into that.
    Thanks for that info...
    We did manage to have a nice relaxing lunch sitting outdoors and hear some really cool live music at the New Delhi Cafe.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Actually it's only a matter of years before the people that play there now (and their fans) will have passed on, so to speak.
    So it's only a matter of time before some has been rock bands start taking it over. And if not there in Branson, something similar will happen when all the rockers in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's are so lazy they just want to travel to a town with a hundred small theaters and spend a week reliving their past...

hmmmm..... that don't sound so bad. Lots of buffets, you say? Walk (or scooter) from theater to theater and buffet to buffet.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Actually it's only a matter of years before the people that play there now (and their fans) will have passed on, so to speak.

hmmmm..... that don't sound so bad. Lots of buffets, you say? Walk (or scooter) from theater to theater and buffet to buffet.

Hopefully someone will get smart and put some chiropractor and cardiologist offices between the buffets!
    Don't know about that scooter...there doesn't appear to be much flat ground there.
  • Waltzing Waters is the bomb. Last time I was there they even let me run the board myself a little after the show.