you couldn't hear Stone on ACL

StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
edited November 2009 in The Porch
ruined it for me....
"I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118470

i feel the same way
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    as posted in another thread the soundboard guy should be shitcanned.... all Ed and lead guitar MM. ill take it anyday thou.
  • st1st1 Posts: 143
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    ruined it for me....

...at least he got some camera time for once
  • It hasn't aired yet in St. Louis and I am waiting to watch it till then. When I saw this thread I was pretty bummed. But he got a decent amount of camera time? That makes it a little better. :D
  • maybe its just my TV but i couldnt hear MIke. his solo on Fixer or ATW (cant remember) was almost silent.

I could hear Stone just fine on DTE.
  • off topic but just when i start thinking Stone is the coolest guy in the band, he goes and wears his own band's shirt on national television. what a fucking dork!
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    MrSmith wrote:
    off topic but just when i start thinking Stone is the coolest guy in the band, he goes and wears his own band's shirt on national television. what a fucking dork!
    That's why Stone is so damn cool...only HE would be dorky enough to pull something like that! It's part of his charm.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • MrSmith wrote:
    maybe its just my TV but i couldnt hear MIke. his solo on Fixer or ATW (cant remember) was almost silent.

I could hear Stone just fine on DTE.

really? it was just the oposite for us...couldn't hear stone, but mike was fine...maybe a little too loud on mike
  • MrSmith wrote:
    off topic but just when i start thinking Stone is the coolest guy in the band, he goes and wears his own band's shirt on national television. what a fucking dork!

I've never heard of any gay-ass rule that says you can't wear whatever shit you want to. ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • i'm watching again and i think you guys are confused. thats not Mike, its Stone. especially on ATW. all i can hear is Stone banging away while Mike is playing a silent solo.

maybe it just changes with the song. Mike sounded louder on Fixer, but on Amongst The Waves and Army Reserve and especially DTE its Stone that really loud.

the mix is really good on others, like Johnny Guitar. its strange how the mix is all over the place. none of its nearly enough to ruin it for me though.