one fan, one question, one road

Jindy30Jindy30 Posts: 3
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I am writing a TV documentary reality series about music and the lives of some of our favourite artistes.

Its a little bit of a biography show and I thought eddie vedder would make a good artiste for me to write a show around. However the show is also about a fan. Therefore and i need to get some real ideas from pearl jam fans... so I came to the belly of the beast.

Firstly, I would like to know if you had the chance to meet eddie vedder one on one what ONE question would you ask him?.

If you want to take it further who would you talk to for more information about your question?

This is for my first draft and believe its important to get a real question from a real fan and not make it up myself... so the show is more truthful. The question is important.

Also i need to know your first name and age. I will write back in a week or two when i have finished writing it.

Thanks JJ :?:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i would ask him if he still has the trunk/chest that was on the stage in the 90's and does he or did he ever wear or use the stuff that fans threw up on stage? I tossed an USA Olympic basketball jersey on stage at the Garden 9-11-98 Yield Tour. Ed took it and put it in the trunk. Now that I'm a little older and wiser I would give that stuff to good will!!! What did he do with it???

Brian
  • I like that. it's a good one and kind of personal but highlights whether after his shows Eddie vedder might keep or throw away stuff. I don't know the chest reference but that too is worthwhile in regards to show and performance . However what about Eddie personal life... Growing up and things like high school... Fayerhood...and before pearl jam???

Also If anyone else has a specific question that they would ask Eddie about his life before PJ I would really like to hear it
  • I'd ask him...

What was your ultimate plan in life? You were in a band and at the same time a gas station attendant. Were you hoping your music career would take off? or were you perfectly happy filling up people's tanks? Did you eventually plan on doing anything else career wise if Pearl Jam didn't happen?

Scott, 19
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I'd ask Eddie if he still truly loves doing what he does, not just the music, because we all know that he loves that with all his being, but I'd ask him now that with his young family, is he still as into touring and the fans as he was in older times.

We've heard him alter lyrics to reflect on his changing family life.....for example:

Small my table, a-sets just two
    Got so crowded, I can't make room

has changed, first to ~ "has now grown to three"...and more recently "soon to be for four" at some shows...and it's so cool to see his smile when he sings that line. I've seen Jill with him at some dates and I don't know if the children travel as well, so that's what I'd want to know....

The Question
    I suppose would be:

"How has having children/a family changed your outlook on the the time and energy that you invest in the band, touring, your music, and how has it effected your views on life in general?"

Personally, I believe that I see so much more joy on Ed's face when he sings some of his more meaningful lyrics, and that his young family may have much to do with that.

Being an older PJ fan, parent of 3, grandparent of 5, as many Eddie/PJ fans now are, and knowing how having a family can totally change your outlook on life, I'd be interested to hear his views. I can't say that I don't have a pretty good idea of what he might say, but I want to hear it all from him.

Loving Eddie has been my special treat for over 20 years now...My name is Jo and I'm 51 years old (shocked...don't be...there are a lot of us out there :) )
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • I don't know how to phrase it properly, but it would something like- "Listening to your older stuff has the ability to regress me back to when I was an insecure teenager, or when I had such big hopes/ plans for my life. When you play your songs, does it remind you of the time you wrote/ recorded it, or are you now immune?"

I know Ed's mentioned playing "Alive" so much has exorcised some ghosts, but I'm wondering more generally.
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• Thanks guys and girls, your replies have been invaluable. It seems the family element is important to Eddie but to be honest any question is worthy from real fans so keep them coming

The idea for the show is a fan traces the life of their rock/pop/folk/punk/ hip hop whatever idol.
    That in mind what 3 people aside from Eddie would you speak to for an answer.

This is just an on paper idea for now but would love feedback as my mock episode is going to be on Eddie

thanks
  • is there an instance where you believe war is warranted/necessary, and if so, would you speak out as such?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • get him to finish this sentence:

if there ever was a song I wish I wrote (other than one of Matt Cameron's), it would be...........
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Daniel Greaves: can I hear your unreleased solo material?
    Josh Homme: can I be the bassist in your next band?
    Jack White: what was it like to see Meg's tom's?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014