Melbourne Show .. Thoughts???

AussieJammer74AussieJammer74 Posts: 14
edited November 2009 in The Porch
WOW ... After 3yrs since the last time here and WHAT a show, Got thrown back to the good old days, almost a 10 concert on its own, The guys have lost nothin over the journey, From the opener Elderly Lady in a Small Town, Mikes riff in Even Flow, Eddie dedicatin Given To Fly to MARK Richardson ( eventually realising his error(or being told lol) and correcting it to MATTY Richardson), to kickin footys off stage (although MATTY could show em how its done) Cant say too much bout the crowd around me at the start, dunno if it was the Medallion Club seating but what a bunch of stiffs, only pockets of 2-3 ppl gettin up outta the seat, cmon guys, Eventually moved to lower level where it seemed to be happenin a bit more, Thanks to the chicky babe in pink top for the amusement, your drunken dancing (hope you were drunk anyway lol) was great lol, but in general for me the crowd was pretty tame, with some exceptions. As I took my 10yr old son didnt want to subject him to the throngs of The Fixer section, but in hindsight he woulda handled it, as could see some room at back. His 1st concert and have converted him a lot more to PJ now. Although the rent-a-cop that tried to spear the women in black dancin round the back empty section needs some work, big brute like him and she still gets up and away from it hahaha .. All in all 1 GREAT fukin night and a message to the boys .. DONT MAKE US WAIT ANOTHER 3 YRS PLEEEEEAAASE .. Cheers All
Melbourne Mar 95(1)..Mar 98(2)..Nov 03(2)..Nov 06(2)..Nov 09(1)
PJ20 Sept 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IT... WAS.... AWESOME!!!!!!!
    The band is as good as ever. Plenty of surprises as always.... just when you think you know all the possible openers they start with Elderly Women. I think Eddie was keen to play it safe given the 50,000 people there. When they first walked on stage before playing a note he says "wow lots of people out there.... lets all look after each other. We're just gonna ease into this one... " and goes into Elderly women. Once that is is finished he's like "ok you ready..." and into corduroy.

You're right - lots of TEN. I think first encore was Jeremy, Deep, and Why Go backtoback. But yeah alive, even flow, black, porch, (maybe oceans as well???) were all in there.

Needle and the damage done solo cover was GOLD!!! as was Present Tense, and Glorified G - 2 of my personal favorites that i haven't seen live before. I was on the floor, where the crowd was getting into to it, but up in seating i would expect no too much rocking going on. The stadium was MASSIVE... and with the roof closed, the sound towards the back was very boomy, and a little shit... couldn't see much from the backspace field either...but not much can be done about that. In Brisbane I have 10 club tix so will be front and centre!
  • The setlist was fantastic, loving the old stuff. That's why PJ are so good, every show is something new and you never know what you will hear. Being and an Essendon fan, didn't like all the Ritcho talk, but it was very funny and footys at the end, 'magic'.

The only problem was the venue, unless you were up the front, it seemed to be like PJ invaded a stiffs convention (where we were sitting at least it was). Also the view was terrible, could not see a think if you were sitting directly in front of the stage. The place is designed for footy and not concerts. Perhaps if the stage was brought forward that may have helped. I hope when the guys come back, that they don't play at the Docklands again. As much as Rod Laver has it's problems, no matter where you sit, stand...etc the atmosphere is electric. But the ultimate would be to go back to the music bowl... remember the last time!!!

To be honest, we would be happy to go anywhere to see these guys. Thank you so much for a wonderful concert and please come back soon!
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    standard... then again... philly 3 and 4 will have you saying this for years.
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    TrAvELAr wrote:

We had to put up with 500 philly threads..... our turn now
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    LongRoad wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:

No worries. Just wanted to make sure you knew there was a much larger thread with info you might be looking for.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,130
    LongRoad wrote:
    TrAvELAr wrote:

That just made me laugh out loud! In spite of the hangover and everything...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."