David Cook singing Hnger Strike

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited November 2009 in The Porch
yes, the American Idol winner has indeed butchered a Pearl Jam song...

towards the end of the song he says quickly "What happened to you guys? You got quiet on me."...well first off your fan base doesn't know the song, and secondly you fucking sucked at it.

seriously, on American Idol this guy came off as an emo-punk rocker attention whore who can't sing (my sister watches the show and sometimes i got stuck watching with her)

here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhsaTxai ... re=related
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Not a David Cook fan, but it's not that bad....

talking about bad vocals..... off to KISS concert tonight!!!!.... whoo hooo!!!!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • deskilladeskilla Posts: 279
    blasphemy!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,037
    Whoever was signing the second verse is the one who really butchered it.
  • I don't watch American Idol or know who this guy is, but like him or not, he DID sing it better than Chris Cornell in 2003 or Corin Tucker any day.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Yeah, once that guy starting singing Eddie's verse, I couldn't listen anymore. David Cook wasn't that bad, tho..
  • They look like they know they are doing something really wrong, and that they're probably going to suffer great embarassment and ridicule. Sad. There should be a law against this sort of thing. Then again, Chris Cornell did make an album with Timbaland, maybe he approved this carnage.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,255
    Who the fuck is David Cook?
  • Who the fuck is David Cook?

+1
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • I actually seen him in concert at the borgata in Atlantic city.....pure hell. i got dragged to go with my wife....5 shots of vodka and 2 bottles of coors light served me very well. He is a poser to say the least but he can play guitar and sing so i guess there is some talent there. What was worse was to see the band Tonic actually open for him. Tonic was a good band back in the day...with a few big radio hits....and now look where they are. Thank God Pearl jam isnt playing bingo hall's and church weddings.

• my sister watches the show and sometimes i got stuck watching with her

how does ones sister twist your arm to watch a show? a girlfriend yes but a sister.....tell her the show sucks and make fun of her for watching it! :D
  • sweetu4ria wrote:
    Yeah, once that guy starting singing Eddie's verse, I couldn't listen anymore. David Cook wasn't that bad, tho..

must agree and take it further Cook did a damn good job.
  • My friend talked me into singing this, duet-style, with him at bowling alley karaoke once. David Cook was better than that. That's all I'll say.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • good singing, but once again this exemplifies the small proportion that talent has to do with what makes rock music good.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

how does ones sister twist your arm to watch a show? a girlfriend yes but a sister.....tell her the show sucks and make fun of her for watching it! :D

just hanging out with my family spending quality time around the tv, my sister chose the station to watch, i tried not to pay attention, i ended up liking that one particular season though because of that Australian guy, i forget his name, but he got in cause of an amazing a capella rendition of bohemian rapsody and then knocked it out of the park with two doors covers, he had a terrific attitude, not trying to show off and stand out, just merely trying his best to win a competition solely on talent (his mistake...voted out a little after half way through the season)
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Who the fuck is David Cook?

Same....

Whoever sang the Chris Cornell parts (im assuming its david cook) did a damn good job.

The skinny emo guy who sang Eddies parts..... should never pick up a mic again.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09

just hanging out with my family spending quality time around the tv, my sister chose the station to watch, i tried not to pay attention, i ended up liking that one particular season though because of that Australian guy, i forget his name, but he got in cause of an amazing a capella rendition of bohemian rapsody and then knocked it out of the park with two doors covers, he had a terrific attitude, not trying to show off and stand out, just merely trying his best to win a competition solely on talent (his mistake...voted out a little after half way through the season)

i'm just messin' with ya, when i was a teenager i remember watching some really bad stuff because it's what everyone else was watching.....about half the shows on this list http://www.crazyabouttv.com/decades/1980s.html
    :oops:
  • :shock:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Bottom line is, his original's suck, that's why he has to keep butchering songs that talented people wrote. He's a great karaoke singer, paired with a guy who's voice is worse so he doesn't sound so bad. If 'American Idol' is attached to your name, you will never be taken seriously, not in the rock genre. Pop shit corporate bubble gum music, yes, rock and roll, NEVER! And I know about Daughtry, and he's no different. His only saving grace was he didn't win the Idol crown. Plus he makes cheese dick Bon Jovi like shite. Speaking of, being Canadian, I must say, WE ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY ABOUT NICKELBACK!
  • ED477ED477 Posts: 137
    hope i never hear it. same said for sugarland's "betterman" on some live cd they released. no offense to those artist, just never thought i'd see the day.
  • Have to say, David Cook's part is pretty good, that other guy though....ugh !!!!!!!

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Its actually a Chris Cornell song....
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Its actually a Chris Cornell song....
    yep:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • If you look under related videos there's one of Cook and band covering AIC's Man In The Box. :? I guess at least he has good taste in music?
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"