WTF is up with the PJ Rockband game.....

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited November 2009 in The Porch
that was supposed to happen?!?!

i emailed Harmonix to see if they were willing to divulge some info and this is what they send me!!

Thanks so much for writing in! While we have no plans at this time to release a Pearl Jam version of Rock Band, we do appreciate the interest and enthusiasm for finding new ways to rock! We're always happy to hear what other Rockers would like to play. If you would like, you can post your suggestions using the official song request feature on RockBand.com. Here is the link: http://www.rockband.com/request

We are still making new songs available every week as downloadable content, so be sure to keep checking in on our website at RockBand.com or subscribe to our newsletter on our website to see if your favorite bands make the Rock Band line up.

Thanks,
EricP
Community Moderator
Harmonix Music Systems, Inc.

WTF?!?! either this guy doesn't have a clue what is going on in the company he works for, or......... :cry:

i sent him this link

http://www.pearljam.com/content/pearl-j ... -next-year

still waiting for a reply!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Got bumped for the Jonas Brothers game maybe?
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • CB,

My brother works at Harmonix, so I've got a little "in"...

This was (obviously) a very generic response you got from EricP as they are ALWAYS getting requests for new songs (and probably entirely possible that he doesn't work in a department where he would be privy to info like this)....

They are also strictly prohibited about talking about projects that aren't finished...that being said, I wouldn't expect any kind of juicy info from him or anybody else there ANYTIME soon (my bother will not even tell me about projects, I've offered him $$$, too :lol: )

Also, I would not be expecting a stand alone PJ disc (i.e. Beatles), but rather expect the new PJ material to be available to us via DLC...

...and it may still be a while before we get our hands on it...

Hope this helps a little, bro...

....burn one :D
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    side note......

when they where doing the BEATLES ROCK BAND.... they did what ever they could to keep it a secret ... it took them over a year to get it done...in the begining stages of it they didnt even call it BEATLES rock band ..to keep in a secret they called it NICKLEBACK ROCK BAND... heard this from MATT PINFIELD himself...
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • CB,

My brother works at Harmonix, so I've got a little "in"...

This was (obviously) a very generic response you got from EricP as they are ALWAYS getting requests for new songs (and probably entirely possible that he doesn't work in a department where he would be privy to info like this)....

They are also strictly prohibited about talking about projects that aren't finished...that being said, I wouldn't expect any kind of juicy info from him or anybody else there ANYTIME soon (my bother will not even tell me about projects, I've offered him $$$, too :lol: )

Also, I would not be expecting a stand alone PJ disc (i.e. Beatles), but rather expect the new PJ material to be available to us via DLC...

...and it may still be a while before we get our hands on it...

Hope this helps a little, bro...

....burn one :D

I figured as much...but it still made me nervous...but i feel better now...thanks dude!...cough.cough *chokes while exhaling smoke* :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Is this PJ RockBand thing going to be an actual GAME or just a bunch of downloads??
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    I believe it will just be a track back like the AC/DC one. Should be 250 achievement points if you are playing the 360 version if it is like the AC/DC pack.
  • That sucks. I dont even own RockBand but was going to buy the whole set if this was an actual Game.
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    RGarabed21 wrote:
    That sucks. I dont even own RockBand but was going to buy the whole set if this was an actual Game.

I was actually hoping it would be DL instead of a game, while it would be cool to see the boys in game form jumping around on stage, I would rather be able to throw all these songs in with all the other songs I have DL.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • RGarabed21 wrote:
    Is this PJ RockBand thing going to be an actual GAME or just a bunch of downloads??

It will be DLC...not a stand alone disc