Favorite EV Quotes?

samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Favorite EV quotes that are NOT from songs?
Here are just a few of my favorites, mostly funny:

"If you love someone, set them free...if someone loves you, don't fuck up"

"Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory!" (In Hershey, PA :lol::lol: )

"You can't save someone from drowning if you're treading water yourself"

"There is this thing called a curfew and sometimes the fine can be a lot of money... but we talked about it in the back... and the reason I am able to come out here and take my time is because Mike McCready agreed to pay the fine tonight"

"Every time I see the Spice Girls, it makes me want to try to fly by climbing my roof and strapping bricks to my shoes"
"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
~not a dude~
2010: MSGx2
2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    "Here we are at Virginfest and not a single Jonas brother in sight"
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • " I have Nothing to say so I'm Just gonna Say this, I am a Donut" - Eddie Vedder November 3, 1996 show in Berlin, Germany
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Backspacer 76Backspacer 76 Posts: 960
    edited November 2009
    Eddie thanks the Buzzcocks who opened for them. He said with out their influence we might of sounded like Good Charlotte(resounding booing from the crowed) Eddie then says "Oh they are good. They just sound like a popsicle shoved up someones ass" :lol:

Always thought that remark was great!
    Post edited by Backspacer 76 on
  • Eddie asks the crowd at Melbourne in 95 what 'NW stands for on his T shirt.....

He then says:

It says 'NW'. Do you know what that stands for? North West maybe? Nit wit. Nobby weeny, new world order. NO world order. Noisy war, needless war. Nobody wins, no more warring please. Nifty wig. Nasty wife. Nixon's widow. Nipple wrench, now whistle. Nine wives. Night wanker, oh that'd be ranger. Naughty white boy needs a whipping. Numbskull macho meathead security personnel rumping up kids, young men and women, throwing them out for no reason, when ultimately it's the fans who are paying the security guards' salaries! Right?" These guys have been good. These are all new guys. We're talking about last night, we got the guys from last night the fuck out of here. As long as I have the whole country listening I might as well say that they said, 'What are you talking about problems us beating kids up? That's our usual policy. We're the best security bunch in the country and in all of Australia.' Now we had just been to Perth, Adelaide, Sydney with 32 thousand fucking people. So we were the wrong people to tell. We saw first hand... anyway that one didn't really work, there wasn't a 'w' in it, it's just numbskull. But back to this, the next one is never whine. Nilla wafer, needle wound, the damage done, ninja warrior, no whites, Nancy Wilson, Nick Wagner, niggers with additude, nose worthy, noble women.. no worries....

The band then LAUNCH INTO PORCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing
  • At his solo concert in Chicago 2008, he was talking about his grandma not thinking he knew what he was talking about and the size if his gonads...that was crazy!
  • Stellar first post. :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave:
    TW249431 wrote:
    Eddie asks the crowd at Melbourne in 95 what 'NW stands for on his T shirt.....

He then says:

It says 'NW'. Do you know what that stands for? North West maybe? Nit wit. Nobby weeny, new world order. NO world order. Noisy war, needless war. Nobody wins, no more warring please. Nifty wig. Nasty wife. Nixon's widow. Nipple wrench, now whistle. Nine wives. Night wanker, oh that'd be ranger. Naughty white boy needs a whipping. Numbskull macho meathead security personnel rumping up kids, young men and women, throwing them out for no reason, when ultimately it's the fans who are paying the security guards' salaries! Right?" These guys have been good. These are all new guys. We're talking about last night, we got the guys from last night the fuck out of here. As long as I have the whole country listening I might as well say that they said, 'What are you talking about problems us beating kids up? That's our usual policy. We're the best security bunch in the country and in all of Australia.' Now we had just been to Perth, Adelaide, Sydney with 32 thousand fucking people. So we were the wrong people to tell. We saw first hand... anyway that one didn't really work, there wasn't a 'w' in it, it's just numbskull. But back to this, the next one is never whine. Nilla wafer, needle wound, the damage done, ninja warrior, no whites, Nancy Wilson, Nick Wagner, niggers with additude, nose worthy, noble women.. no worries....

The band then LAUNCH INTO PORCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,462
    SHoe the shoeless.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "Hey, listen asshole! One more fucker throws a fucking quarter out here and we're outta here, I'm tellin' ya, FUCKER! What the fuck? You're blowin' it for fucking everybody! Hit me with a fucking quarter again, and fuck it, I'm outta here! We're all outta here! Fuck you! And if anyone sees someone throw fucking change right next to 'em, you have my permission to personally beat the fucking holy shit out of 'em! Thank you very much! Fucking idiot!

Ahh ... that felt good!"

Mansfield, MA - September 16, 1998
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • A good one was in night 1 of Chicago solo in 08.

He was talking about parents and he said that his parents would always tell him something and then say
    "....and you will always be my son."
    Eddie then says
    "Mom Im not a kid anymore have you seen the size of my fucking bank account, will you give me some respect?"
    Crowd just erupts in laughter. Eddie then says
    "Not only that but have you seen the size of eh..." *Looks down
    Crowd just bursts in applause and laughter. Eddie then says
    "I was talking about the guitar I dont know what you guys are thinking" *looks down, realizes hes holding a ukulele* "Oh wait, Im holding the smallest guitar! George, I need the biggest guitar back there! Get me the 12 string!"

Also on that night, before a song some people started chanting Ukulele. Eddie then says
    "Its nice to see some people recognize the Ukulele out there."
    Crowd slight applause, Eddie then interupts
    "Except.... this is a mandolin, you uncultured bastard!!"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    "Apparently 240,000 people who vote for "American Idol" dial the wrong number each week," Vedder said. "Which tells me a lot of dumb people watch 'American Idol.'" -- 4/12/08
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    "my body's nobody's body but mine/you run your own body, let me run mine,..."
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • dc 08...something about the crowd making theyre "memor summerable"
  • "It feels like it's the end of the world, and we all have a good seat. You know, step right up, get your tickets, here we go."

S/T promo video
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    "I'm fluent in French and almost as fluent in Dutch, but since you guys can't decide which one to speak, I'll just do it in English, okay?"
    :lol::D

Antwerpen, Belgium, 2006-08-30
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London