2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is that a custom paint job? It's amazing!!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Mercy! That's gorgeous!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Is that a custom paint job? It's amazing!!

Fender released only 210 in 1997 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of 1967 (the summer of love). Modeled after Hendrix's guitar that he played then set on fire at the Monterey Pop Festival (his was hand-painted). John Mayer owns one, and plays it quite frequently at his live shows!

Such a beauty!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam10 wrote:

Fender released only 210 in 1997 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of 1967 (the summer of love). Modeled after Hendrix's guitar that he played then set on fire at the Monterey Pop Festival (his was hand-painted). John Mayer owns one, and plays it quite frequently at his live shows!

Such a beauty!
    Jeepers it's a gorgeous sight!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • samjam10 wrote:

Such a beauty!
    fender did only release 210 of them. it's rare to see one come up for sale, and they are pretty expensive when you do. i've seen them priced between 12- 15k. i've lusted after it on more than one occasion! it's just beautiful.
  • that is pretty, but who in their right mind would gig with that guitar? in my opinion if it is too limited edition to play out with it, there is really no purpose to own it.

i would bet that some rich collector that can't even play an A chord owns that one....what a waste in that case...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • that is pretty, but who in their right mind would gig with that guitar? in my opinion if it is too limited edition to play out with it, there is really no purpose to own it.

i would bet that some rich collector that can't even play an A chord owns that one....what a waste in that case...

Even though I probably wouldn't go for that particular guitar, if I could afford one in that range, I would most definitely gig the hell out of it. Even if just to piss off any collectors or self proclaimed guitar heroes with my crappy playing!
  • beauty!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    that is pretty, but who in their right mind would gig with that guitar? in my opinion if it is too limited edition to play out with it, there is really no purpose to own it.

Even though I probably wouldn't go for that particular guitar, if I could afford one in that range, I would most definitely gig the hell out of it. Even if just to piss off any collectors or self proclaimed guitar heroes with my crappy playing!

i 2nd that. hear hear
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?

yep...to me, any guitar you are going to own and not play out is a waste of wood....
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."