mike rocks

scorpjamscorpjam Posts: 7
edited November 2009 in The Porch
. :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    a 5 year old in at a GA show on the rail....please keep her safe and not pushed/shoved/trampled
  • pierre wrote:
    my 5 years old daughter PEARL is determined to make it to the rails front raw...to the sydney show....and she is hoping to get a shoulder ride from Eddie during RITFW if they play it!!!
    if you are going to the sydney gig and if you spot us help me get her to the front mike side) safely
    to make her dream come true...
    adelaide was a great night here is a little video during alive (Mike is god)

from pierre and pearl.
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pierre00@optusnet.com.au">pierre00@optusnet.com.au</a><!-- e -->

Pierre, with all due respect and as someome who took a 12 year old into the pit on the condition we could get hinm on the rail, I'd be concerned with her safety at 5 years old. I'm very certain we'll try to get that area and will help you out if possible, but she will very much struggle to see over the rail. Maybe security couild find her a place on the other side of the rail?
  • Good luck with that - but she's not likely to see anything at all - The rail is going to be waaay too high for her, plus, as a mum myself....I'd be REALLY concerned about taking a kid that little.....all the help in the world isn't going to be any good if you have some idiots around you like in Perth and Adelaide...plus what's going to happen to her if you don't get right at the front - she's going to get trampled......

If it was me, I'd be saying no way for sure....but hey....you're the parent, and you know what's best for your daughter.....just be REALLY careful...for both your sakes.....
  • pierre wrote:
    my 5 years old daughter PEARL is determined to make it to the rails front raw...to the sydney show....and she is hoping to get a shoulder ride from Eddie during RITFW if they play it!!!
    if you are going to the sydney gig and if you spot us help me get her to the front mike side) safely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jRdhIwPSA

from pierre and pearl.
    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pierre00@optusnet.com.au">pierre00@optusnet.com.au</a><!-- e -->

Don't take this the wrong way but I think that a GA show specially at the rail in a stadium is not a place for a 5 year old.
    I understand that getting your daughter on stage would be awesome, but people can get really crazy at shows, I was at the rail at ACL and I could feel the push against the rail and I'm 31, I dont think that would be safe for a child that small.

Again please dont take it as a bashing but just some advice. :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • thanks for your reply guys,
    i also have gold reserve seats but i just wanted to get some feedback from you guys.
    pierre.
  • pierre wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jRdhIwPSA

from pierre and pearl.

Don't take this the wrong way but I think that a GA show specially at the rail in a stadium is not a place for a 5 year old.
    I understand that getting your daughter on stage would be awesome, but people can get really crazy at shows, I was at the rail at ACL and I could feel the push against the rail and I'm 31, I dont think that would be safe for a child that small.

Again please dont take it as a bashing but just some advice. :)

Yeah, agree wholeheartedly - I still have bruises across my chest from the rail on Sat night at Perth, and we weren't even right at the very front...we were on the side rail....and I'm 33.....and 5'2".....it's just not a good idea...she could get seriously hurt.....not from fan club members but from drunken idiots who push their way to the front and don't care how old or young, big or little a person is - they just want to be right there, and will do whatever to get there.....
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited November 2009
    We were really lucky - well, we planned as well. Mike's side was full of people from the board and travellers, there was no bullshit around us, even when Eddie jumped on the barrier infront of us during Alive http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulJam2009 ... l9b7qnuUmI (4:00) but looking over to where stardust was, there were plenty of times where it was like 1995 all over again.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • hi to all
    this is pearl i promise i wont go to the front and i will sit with mum and dad and aunty belinda and i will use my binoculars to see pearl jam rock
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    pierre wrote:
    hi to all
    this is pearl i promise i wont go to the front and i will sit with mum and dad and aunty belinda and i will use my binoculars to see pearl jam rock

Smart choice.
  • pierre wrote:
    hi to all
    aaww, Pearl at least in a few years when they come back, you will be that little bit older and will be UNINJURED and therefore able to see them rock out up a bit closer.........You'll love it anyway....my daughters have been to a couple of concerts (not Pearl Jam..but still), and they don't care where they are, it's all about the atmosphere...it's mind blowing to someone that young...it really is....have fun, honey...... :)
  • We were really lucky - well, we planned as well. Mike's side was full of people from the board and travellers, there was no bullshit around us, even when Eddie jumped on the barrier infront of us during Alive http://www.youtube.com/user/PaulJam2009 ... l9b7qnuUmI (4:00) but looking over to where stardust was, there were plenty of times where it was like 1995 all over again.

it's true - we are big enough to handle it, but we got mighty squished sometimes....especially when security were talking to people, we had to sort of lean out of the way, which wasn't easy when you are jammed in tight.....and when Ed stood on the barrier step in front (opposite) os us...it felt like there were about a hundred people trying to sit on top of us...literally.....I'm pretty certain that's where the bruises came from....
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    No offence intended..... but it seems using a child to gain attention from the band is becoming more common place. I don't understand it myself. I just don't think a 5 year old really would come up with the idea on their own, with zero influence or outside opinion, that they want to be front row GA at a rock concert of a band of men in their 40's....... the Wiggles, perhaps. But not Pearl Jam.

Like I said no offence intended but this is how I see it.
  • ok so it's not safe for a 5 year old, but what about a 5'3-5'4 22 year old chick. I definitely wanna be at the front, but don't wanna get hurt either! lol. Did it get pretty bad down the front at other shows?
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    LongRoad wrote:
    No offence intended..... but it seems using a child to gain attention from the band is becoming more common place. I don't understand it myself. I just don't think a 5 year old really would come up with the idea on their own, with zero influence or outside opinion, that they want to be front row GA at a rock concert of a band of men in their 40's....... the Wiggles, perhaps. But not Pearl Jam.

+1
    be philanthropic
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    LongRoad wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I think 5 years old is too young for a rock concert period. At that age it should be the ice-capades or the Wiggles, not Pearl Jam.
  • Please dont take a 5 year old little girl into a rock concert ga pit, even if the pit was chilled at another show dont guarentee it for his one
    Also i agree with others i doubt its a five year olds dream or she thought it up all by herself to get on stage with pj and ridw on eds shoulder, if she was maybe a few years older itd be believable, it almosts sounds like a parents dream to get attention or a cool story to brag abour
    Im sorry im bein kinda rude but my mom owns a daycare i have a young bro and in my opinion a show like pj in ga that intense would scare a kid that young and she could get hurt

btw i think its fine to take a very small kid to a rock show, my folks brought me to grateful dead in 93
    But when your in seats or theres a lawn, just please dont bring her in the pit!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • hi to all
    this is pearl i promise i wont go to the front and i will sit with mum and dad and i will use my binoculars to see pearl jam rock
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I don't think I even knew how to spell binoculars when I was 5! Are you for real?!
  • scorpjam wrote:
    hi to all
    this is pearl i promise i wont go to the front and i will sit with mum and dad and i will use my binoculars to see pearl jam rock

Thank god! I was about to call CPS.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • scorpjam wrote:
    mike rocks

well yaaaa.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    scorpjam wrote:
    hi to all

good cos you do realise that as soon as PJ came on she would need to pee!!!
    But dude seriously 5 is way to young to take to any kind of concert! I have a 5 year old daughter too and she asked if she could come with us to the Auckland show and I said 'ahhhh but nah'. Their attention span is not very long and she will get bored. Plus I don't think its fair for those sitting around you...
    all you need is love, love is all you need