My effort to see two more shows in Australia

Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
edited November 2009 in The Porch
What I'm doing to catch two more shows on the Aussie tour. Perth was so good I decided I had to see a couple of more shows. I must be mad, here are my plans:

Thursday
Leaving Dunsborough on bus to Perth at 4:30pm - arrive 8:30pm
Fly from Perth Airport 11:30pm tonight, arriving in Melbourne at 6:30am
Friday
Pearl Jam Melbourne show.
Saturday
Fly from Melbourne Tullanarine Airport at 12:40pm arriving in Sydney at 2:00pm.
10c Meet Up Sat
Sunday
Pearl Jam Sydney Show
Monday
Whatever comes up.
Tuesday
Fly from Sydney Airport at 6:00am arriving at Peth 8:00am.
Bus From Perth to Dunsborough leaving Perth 12:20pm arriving in Dunsborough 4:56pm.

Am I an idiot??

Hope to see all you 10c people on the on the road.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    What I'm doing to catch two more shows on the Aussie tour. Perth was so good I decided I had to see a couple of more shows. I must be mad, here are my plans:

Thursday
    Leaving Dunsborough on bus to Perth at 4:30pm - arrive 8:30pm
    Fly from Perth Airport 11:30pm tonight, arriving in Melbourne at 6:30am
    Friday
    Pearl Jam Melbourne show.
    Saturday
    Fly from Melbourne Tullanarine Airport at 12:40pm arriving in Sydney at 2:00pm.
    Meet ZiggyStar at airport at 3.00pm
    10c Meet Up Sat
    Get drunk with ZiggyStar
    Sunday
    Pearl Jam Sydney Show
    Get drunk with ZiggyStar
    Monday
    Whatever comes up.....with ZiggyStar.....which will more than likely include getting drunk
    Tuesday
    Cry that I have to leave ZiggyStar after so much fun for three days
    Fly from Sydney Airport at 6:00am arriving at Perth 8:00am.
    Bus From Perth to Dunsborough leaving Perth 12:20pm arriving in Dunsborough 4:56pm.

Hope to see all you 10c people on the on the road.

I made a few amendments! ;):D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • So Ziggy, is everyone aiming to be front on the rail?
    So Ziggy, is everyone aiming to be front on the rail?

I fucking am.......are you?

What time should we arrive to get rail? I want towards the middle too.....
    And are you doing the relay for Melbourne?
  • AHHHH Paul !!!was going to ask you to send the bus to Albany!!! But you already getting ready to go Have fun.Yeah you are mad but I LOVE IT!!
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Yep, i'm not going to be 20 rows bck for this amount of effort - I'm be trying for the same spot as Perth if I can. Happy to sit in line most of the day to achieve it too.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yep, i'm not going to be 20 rows bck for this amount of effort - I'm be trying for the same spot as Perth if I can. Happy to sit in line most of the day to achieve it too.

Well zenith is taking her 13 year old son so we need to get to the FRONT....and I want to be as close to Eddie as I can.

Were people smoking cigarettes around you? Weed?
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    front row ... and everyone will behave ... ill be in mother mode, so look out

and it has to over mikes area ... god only knows why, but riley isnt an eddie fan - he's a mike fan. something to do with the guitar i think ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
    zenith wrote:

and it has to over mikes area ... god only knows why, but riley isnt an eddie fan - he's a mike fan. something to do with the guitar i think ;)

Hmmmm....can we stand in the middle between mike and eddie?
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    edited November 2009
    The thirteen year old must be against the rail - it is the safest place, esp if we're un a bunch of supportive 10c people. Where we were will be perfect considering the above.

I notice some dickwad know it all on life Wasted accused me of bad parenting for allowing my 12 year old into the pit. Up against the rail with supportive 10c adults around is very safe plus you have the ability to go over the rail if shit gets bad. Little guy had the night of his life and being acknowledged by Eddie is something he will never forget. Zenith's boy will have a blast.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

that would be in front of jeff ....
    zenith wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

that would be in front of jeff ....

really!?!? ;)
    The thirteen year old must be against the rail - it is the safest place, esp if we're un a bunch of supportive 10c people. Where we were will be perfect considering the above.

I notice some dickwad know it all on life Wasted accused me of bad parenting for allowing my 12 year old into the pit. Up against the rail with supportive 10c adults around is very safe plus you have the ability to go over the rail if shit gets bad. Little guy had the night of his life and being acknowledged by Eddie is something he will never forget. Zenith's boy will have a blast.

your not a bad parent

ive worried and worried about doing this. but its only because im his mother. im going to worry the first time he drives a car, or goes to the pub, or travels overseas. i cant help it :roll:

but in reality i also know he should be fine. i went into my first pit when i was a weeny skinny little 14yr old. and i was fine. riley is the same height as me now (let alone what i was like back then) - he's going to be with a bunch of grownups who are looking out for him - if he's on the rail, security will be watching too. he'll have the best time.
  • zenith wrote:

your not a bad parent

ive worried and worried about doing this. but its only because im his mother. im going to worry the first time he drives a car, or goes to the pub, or travels overseas. i cant help it :roll:

but in reality i also know he should be fine. i went into my first pit when i was a weeny skinny little 14yr old. and i was fine. riley is the same height as me now (let alone what i was like back then) - he's going to be with a bunch of grownups who are looking out for him - if he's on the rail, security will be watching too. he'll have the best time.

I saw the well behaved crowds at the LA shows and realised most of those in the best 10c places are now in their 30s (some more). We've been with the band since the 90s. And while we can still rock with the best of them, have a little more respect for each other and ourselves than we did in those insane pits from the 90s. I didn't take my kid in there without at lot of throught and planning and also the ability to get out if need be. If it had become too rough in there, he and his mum would have been over the rail within seconds.
  • Dan CDan C Posts: 206

Regardless, hopefully everyone will be looking out for everyone else... Always a few idiots.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    sounds like an awesome trip, love your work..

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • OMG!!!! I am SO jealous!!!!!! Have an awesome time.... 8-)