10C Early entry and BLADDER control

ridleyridley Posts: 164
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hey Perthians and Adelaidians - how did you go with getting a railing position with the 4:15pm entry and then keeping it in for 7 freakin hours?!

I'm already divulging my battleplan (not drinking after 12pm etc :P), but I'm at odds with my normal hydration-fuelled lifestyle - any tips per chance?...
2003-02-19 Melbourne
2003-02-20 Melbourne
2006-11-13 Melbourne
2006-11-14 Melbourne
2006-11-16 Melbourne
2009-11-22 Sydney
2011-03-18 Sydney
2011-03-19 Sydney
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Already a thread asking this same question!
  • bee-safe-wasp-trap-empty-bottle1.jpg
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • ridleyridley Posts: 164
    Touche ;)

I managed to find that thread for those playing at home:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118146&p=2653777&hilit=toilet#p2653777
    2003-02-19 Melbourne
    2003-02-20 Melbourne
    2006-11-13 Melbourne
    2006-11-14 Melbourne
    2006-11-16 Melbourne
    2009-11-22 Sydney
    2011-03-18 Sydney
    2011-03-19 Sydney
  • We managed to go to and from toilets, merchandise, food etc up until the end of the R7 set but didn't try after that, although a few people around us did and we had no problem letting them back into their spots and keeping others out. But we were on Mike's side, I hear it was a bit different on Stone's side.
  • twojawastwojawas Posts: 318
    It's going to be warm, so I am not sure if stopping drinking fluids at noon is a good idea.

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/nsw/sydney/sydney

Hopefully it rains and we can drink that.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    We managed to go to and from toilets, merchandise, food etc up until the end of the R7 set but didn't try after that, although a few people around us did and we had no problem letting them back into their spots and keeping others out. But we were on Mike's side, I hear it was a bit different on Stone's side.

This is exactly how it went down at OSL except for the difference between Mike's and Stone's side.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Sweat it all out!
    (At these times I regret being one of the least sweaty people in the world, regardless of temperature.)

Seriously though, its mind over matter. Dont think about it and you'll be right....
  • Yeah, Stone's side in Perth was ok to go and then come back for only like..... less than 1 hr tops......BEFORE Liam came on, we would have had trouble getting back to our spots.....BUT seriously, there are so many people stressing about this, and IT"S NOT THAT HARD!!! Drink a fair bit of water (or whatever floats your boat), during the morning and whilst lining up....make friends with the people around you...don't be scared to talk to them and ask them to hold your spot in line while you go find a toilet......and GO LOTS !!!!! That way, once you are inside, you can get your spot, have a few sips of water once you start rocking out, and sweat lots......rehydrate with LITTLE sips....and you'll be fine until the end of the show.......

Worked perfectly for us......
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    strap on a catheter ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I got a condom drain and a leg bag from a nurse friend! I'll be drinking and never have to leave my spot to pee! :D
    Edmonton 12/93
    Wellington 98
    Melbourne 2003
    Melbourne shows 1 & 3 2006
    Hawaii 2006
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch 2009
    Manchester 1 & 2 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2012
    Upcoming: Vancouver/Calgary/Seattle Dec 2013
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Just don't drink for 5 hours...like me :D
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    me and ziggy have been training at work... trying not to pee... i keep forgetting and drinking coffee but i managed 7.5 hours one day eh zig? she lasted longer..
  • ridley wrote:
    Hey Perthians and Adelaidians - how did you go with getting a railing position with the 4:15pm entry and then keeping it in for 7 freakin hours?!

what time did 10 clubbers have to start lining up to get right against the barrier anyway? i didnt think it would be so bad cos of early entry etc?
  • I got a condom drain and a leg bag from a nurse friend! I'll be drinking and never have to leave my spot to pee! :D

You need to have a bet with your mates...first to bust shouts the others :-)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Damm that sucks for you guys/gals to have to think about stuff like this before shows ,i'm sorry but that is one huge advantage you get with no GA shows you can party all the way up to show time and then pee if you have too and still rock your socks off ,enjoy the shows folks ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • I just sipped every half hour.
    Went loo before in my hotel.
    Survived.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014