ACL Airing

pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Who is gonna tape the ACL show thats airing on the 21st. I can't be around to watch it but its important that i see it, and anyone else who missed it. Is anyone gonna do some sort of taping of the show?
5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    I won't be recording it on VHS, if that's what you mean. Not sure if Roomy's DVD/VCR combo can handle that function.

In accordance with newly passed legislation, based on my demographic and viewing habits, I am now the prouder renter of a DVR. I will be recording it, but have no means of sharing it (other than to invite people over, I suppose).

:geek:
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    I'll see what I can do, if anything.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    I believe these are normally offered through PBS for under $20...hurry fast, quantities will be limited!!
    Dancing in irreverence
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    I believe these are normally offered through PBS for under $20...hurry fast, quantities will be limited!!

Any idea roughly how soon after the airing the show in question will be up for sale?
    oona left wrote:
    RJNadge4 wrote:

Any idea roughly how soon after the airing the show in question will be up for sale?

Also, would it be the complete show, or just what's aired? And what is wrong with the ACL website?
    oona left wrote:
    RJNadge4 wrote:

Usually at the end of the airing they provide some info on ordering...most shows are offered through the website.
    Dancing in irreverence
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    oona left wrote:
    RJNadge4 wrote:

Usually at the end of the airing they provide some info on ordering...most shows are offered through the website.

But is it the whole show?
    it should be the whole show and more - the dvd's are usually 65 minutes so it should include some bonus stuff!!! or at least an extra tune and some dialogue I hope - - pbsshop.org
    Dancing in irreverence
    RJNadge4 wrote:
    it should be the whole show and more - the dvd's are usually 65 minutes so it should include some bonus stuff!!! or at least an extra tune and some dialogue I hope - - pbsshop.org

I thought they played for 2 hours? Opened up with Walking the Cow? I would love to see that. Thanks for the info though.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    OGT92 wrote:
    RJNadge4 wrote:

I thought they played for 2 hours? Opened up with Walking the Cow? I would love to see that. Thanks for the info though.

They did. I wonder if anyone from the simulcast recorded it off the screen?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • DS114969 wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:
    RJNadge4 wrote:

They did. I wonder if anyone from the simulcast recorded it off the screen?

T.V. Show Setlist-
    •Just Breathe
    •The End
    •The Fixer
    •Johnny Guitar
    •Amongst the Waves
    •Unthought Unknown
    •Army Reserve
    •Do the Evolution
    •Lukin
    •Red Mosquito (with Ben Harper)
    •Inside Job
    •Porch

What will not be aired-
    Walking The Cow,Drivin To Tears, Got Some, Lukin, Wasted Reprise/Betterman, Gonna See My Friend, Crazy Mary.

Yes the show was recorded off the big screen and the soundboard audio is around.