The only PJ I've ever known

ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
edited November 2009 in The Porch
More of a personal thread than anything but.. I'm bored.

So I had to go out somewhere the other night and had little time to choose a disc to listen to on route.. so I grabbed Live on Two Legs at random.

A few things dawned on me while listening to it...

1) I hadn't listened to LO2L in probably 4-5+ years. SO GOOD. Best versions of Hail, Hail & Red Mosquito.

2) I really only became a PJ devotee around 1998. I actually remember Yield as being the first Pearl Jam CD I waited outside of a music store to purchase. And it was around this time that I became more mature and the internet made information and music so much more available.

so really, the only Pearl Jam I've known is the current band w/Matt. Kinda neat I thought considering all the shows I've been to have been this band and only this band.

It was really cool to hear some of the songs and how they sounded on LO2L.. (slower Given to fly)

I also thought back on the days I used to play an illegal copy of Duke Nukem 3D while listening to No Code over and over and over again.

Anyone else on here really only become a fan during the Matt years?

Oh, I'm also in my early stages of post tour depression... and strangely I miss Mike and Matt the most. Don't know why.
Toronto 2000
Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
Boston I&II 2004
Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
Toronto I&II 2011
Buffalo 2013
Toronto I&II 2016
10C: 220xxx