will Pearl Jam come back to Toronto

fifefife Posts: 3,327
edited November 2009 in The Porch
now that Backspacer is release, i feel left out that at the Toronto Concert they only played 2 songs from the record. i think pearl jam should come back so that us fans from the great white north can hear the great songs from backspacer live.

Just remember both rush and neil are from Canada and i know they would be disappointed if you didn't come back.. as anyone can tell i have no shame.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    I agree.... lets have an 8/21/09 encore show!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fine, maybe Rush would would not be disappointed but i would be happy and i think that is important. :oops:
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    they'll be back only after the Leafs win the Stanley Cup
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    they'll be back only after the Leafs win the Stanley Cup

That won't happen for a very, very, VERY, long time if you are depending on the Leafs to win the Stanley Cup! I was hoping for a '10/'11 return of Pearl Jam for Toronto though! :|
  • I agree 100%....The show was good...but it seemed like an appetizer....still waiting for the main course!!! We need a full backspacer show!!
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Of course they'll go back to Toronto... sometime between now and the next time the Leafs win the Stanley Cup ;)

But honestly, they love TO and the TO shows I've seen have been some of the best PJ shows I've been to :D
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    fife wrote:
    now that Backspacer is release, i feel left out that at the Toronto Concert they only played 2 songs from the record. i think pearl jam should come back so that us fans from the great white north can hear the great songs from backspacer live.

Just remember both rush and neil are from Canada and i know they would be disappointed if you didn't come back.. as anyone can tell i have no shame.

i don't want to say too much as this information wasn't passed on to me directly but rather to a good friend on this board so perhaps it would be best if he were to post this info BUT suffice it to say while the band was in town this past August there were already discussions taking place for another Toronto concert this coming summer,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer wrote:
    fife wrote:

i don't want to say too much as this information wasn't passed on to me directly but rather to a good friend on this board so perhaps it would be best if he were to post this info BUT suffice it to say while the band was in town this past August there were already discussions taking place for another Toronto concert this coming summer,...

From your lips... or your buddies... or whoevers ;)
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Through a friend who had a direct conversation with members of the band and the crew I understand that the band did scout out a location in the north end of the city for a show next year...it is a venue that has been looked at in previous years -- I have no idea if it is for a stand alone PJ show or part of a bigger festival type gig, but I do know there is some "smoke" there. Here's keeping our fingers crossed :D
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    mjb wrote:
    Through a friend who had a direct conversation with members of the band and the crew I understand that the band did scout out a location in the north end of the city for a show next year...it is a venue that has been looked at in previous years -- I have no idea if it is for a stand alone PJ show or part of a bigger festival type gig, but I do know there is some "smoke" there. Here's keeping our fingers crossed :D
    Fingers crossed for this one (although I would rather have a show at the ACC)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    100 Pacer wrote:
    fife wrote:

you could say more. and isnt it actually about a week before the official start of summer? not that I've heard anything either...just sayin. (and I cant fukin wait either :lol: )
    Dancing in irreverence
  • mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    BeerBaron wrote:
    mjb wrote:

No question -- ACC, Varisty, MLG -- all preferable no?

I guess there is no harm is saying it, the venue I was referring to is Downsview Park
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    Toronto two shows in late 2010
    I would like a couple of shows in Buffalo too- HSBC is a great arena
    Toronto, southern ontario New York State, is the hub of the Pearl jam fan wheel
    (with Boston, NYC, Philly, Chicago, Moosonee, Thunder Bay, Coboconk and Cobalt as strong spokes)
  • Montreal please !
    I saw Eddie on is solo tour, amazing, the best show of my life.
    mjb wrote:

I guess there is no harm is saying it, the venue I was referring to is Downsview Park
    MLG would be sweet. Site of my first ever PJ show! BMO field would make for a cool outdoor venue too.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    McNairn wrote:
    You say that like a matter of fact ... :?:
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,906
    BeerBaron wrote:
    McNairn wrote:

as a matter of fact, Toronto could potentially get 2 shows in the summer: Massey Hall and Downsview Park,...

8-)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    McNairn wrote:

as a matter of fact, Toronto could potentially get 2 shows in the summer: Massey Hall and Downsview Park,...

8-)
    LOL. You crazy. :arrow:
    100 Pacer wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    McNairn wrote:

8-)

I'd be down with a show at Massey... or 10 :D:D:D
  • mjb wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    mjb wrote:

Oh I miss Varsity and Maple leaf Gardens sooo much!