The dream of a teenager. (Fulfilled 11 years later)

SA_BlackSmithSA_BlackSmith Posts: 50
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Hi all I just wanted to share my band meeting story from today... but first where it all started...

Some 11 years ago I was an angsty teen that like many found something in the guy’s music that just resonated with me.

I can’t even remember what it was but something had really upset me badly this one time. Like I often did back then I disappeared down the shed and blasted the PJ and worked some metal (yes I really am a black smith).

While I was down there I felt better, like most people I wished then I could tell the guys how much their music meant and how much it had helped me get through... Well that idea started stewing a little and before long I was making a chain mail guitar strap for Mike. (I love all the guys but I’m also bit of a gear head and love to watch mike work his magic.)

Any how the guitar strap never got finished it was getting too heavy (hardly practical) and well... when was I ever going to get to give it to him? So I cut up what I had done made it in to key chains which I gave friends and kept one for my self.

Lol I know the guys probably get given weird shit all the time... but today I met mike and it was my turn!... The once strap, now key chain, I had been carrying for 11 years finally made it in to his hands... This thing had been part of me for so long, i will miss it, but I was so happy to follow up on that 11 year old day dream.

I got a pick from Mike, I also got my back spacer CD signed by a few of the other guys... which was all great. But seriously I’m just so stoked I got give Mike that chain.

I did not get to tell Mike the whole story, lol I was a little nervous... but yea, thats what it meant to me , I had to share my adventure with some one and the pit seamed like the best place. =)

Was also really great to meet a few of the other 10C people that were out today, looking very much forward to meeting you all again and many more at the gig tomorrow at Adelaide oval.

Be well every one. =)
'06: Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Adelaide 1, 2
*sniffles* Come back soon guys, thanks for an amazing 2 weeks.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• great story champion - glad it all worked out for ya. i'm still dreaming of that day!
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • lol I should also point out that I met Mike last tour but my brain was such piles of mush all I could do was say "hello", and the key chain was in my car because it sets the metal detectors off at the venues (didn't want to have it confiscated... its a bit chunky). I kicked my self for a week that I missed my chance to give it to him back then, I seriously though it would be my only one... very happy to be wrong =)

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • you're one lucky fella - not once but twice! i wasn't ready for it when i met stone a few years back. it was at a brad concert, and he was signing a few autographs. i just said, i don't want your autograph stone, i'd just like to shake your hand and say thanks. he probably thought i was a tool, but it was a pretty awesome moment for me. always hits you how they're just normal people in real life - you kinda half expect them to have some radioactive superhuman aura about them :D
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • awesome story dude did you tell them how much the music ment to you over the years?
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • i wasn't ready for it when i met stone a few years back. it was at a brad concert, and he was signing a few autographs. i just said, i don't want your autograph stone, i'd just like to shake your hand and say thanks. he probably thought i was a tool, but it was a pretty awesome moment for me. always hits you how they're just normal people in real life - you kinda half expect them to have some radioactive superhuman aura about them :D

I know how you feel. They are such a great bunch of guys, I doubt many other big bands would put up with the likes of us the way they do.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • awesome story dude did you tell them how much the music ment to you over the years?

I think I said something along those lines... i was a bit nervous, not as bad a last time though =)

But yea, if one of you guys some how see this, thank you! (not just Mike, all of you!)

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • Cool story. Reminds me when I made a leather keychain in 98 that said Pearl Jam. But I lost it. :cry:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Nice. :P
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • At last nights gig I was second from the rail a little to the left of Mike (his right). All night he was throwing out out looks and pointing out people in the crowd like he normal does, I was hanging out for one all night but had little luck through the majority of the show... Then right towards the end I finally caught his eye, I smiled, he smiled, it was the longest look on the night, dam I was so happy =)

It was such a great night last night, got to meet a lot of the fans, many asked after the key chain. Looking froward to seeing you people again in Melbourne and meeting a few more.

-- www.ticketwoes.com --
  • dreams come true

i like that :)
  • Then right towards the end I finally caught his eye, I smiled, he smiled, it was the longest look on the night, dam I was so happy =)

great feeling ain't it? ;)
    i gotta ed smile once....so i know.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Great story!!! What a rush! Congrats!

I'm hoping that one day, I can have a once in a lifetime experience like yours!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2