If Nirvana can release Live at Reading '92....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Surely Pinkpop '92 can be released? :D
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Interesting! Was this recording done in full and has it been preserved for future release. You would think that if they were gonna release it they would of by now? Nirvana at Reading was a classic show is Pearl Jam at pinkpop just as relevent?
    Pearl Jam have done hundreds of class shows since then so I don't know if there would be much point to release it :!: :?: :?: :?:
  • Pinkpop is a classic, it was their first huge show so (I would assume) it has some significant meaning to them. Watching the post show interviews on youtube show that Eddie was pretty amazed by the crowd. The show was amazing, the band sounded really tight. Would love to see it!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Noooice thread!
  • TravelarTravelar Posts: 3,391
    What better way to open the VAULT than with high quality flacs of this amazing show...
  • Why? Was Pinkpop a crappy show too? ;)
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    An official release of Pink Pop '92 would be sweet.

it was terrible...worst show ever, not worth the paper it was printed on .... :lol:
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Why? Was Pinkpop a crappy show too? ;)

i was kinda underwhelmed with reading too. if that was nirvana's defining live moment... i dunno. neither reading nor wishkah is a particularly great live album and i'm starting to wonder if it's not becos nirvana is not a particularly great live band... unplugged was amazing, but other than that i've never heard a single nirvana show (and i've seen a lot of bootlegs and dvd's of them) that was as impressive as the average pj show. pinkpop would blow reading away.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Interesting! Was this recording done in full and has it been preserved for future release. You would think that if they were gonna release it they would of by now? Nirvana at Reading was a classic show is Pearl Jam at pinkpop just as relevent?
    Pearl Jam have done hundreds of class shows since then so I don't know if there would be much point to release it :!: :?: :?: :?:

there are a lot of reasons... for all the glut of live shit pj's given us over the last decade, there is still no official live document of the band pre-matt cameron, other than unplugged being attached as a dvd to the ten re-release. that's it. i would say there is a lot bigger point to releasing an old show for pj. their live reputation back in the day was unparalleled, and a lot of people would love to have an official release of a show from the band at the peak of their intensity and popularity. pinkpop, atlanta 94, SOMETHING should be out there to remind people of why this band was the biggest in the world at one point.
  • ^ ^ I concur with the above post.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    I agree, too. the world needs peak PJ to officially reference! (I know, peak being debateable) so in addition to a whole show from the 90s it would be nice for a certain other things, too to come out. I think we'll see these things soon enough. you guys know what I'm talking about. maybe for the upcoming anniversary celebration?!
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Yeah Nrvana's Halloween show opening up with Jesus Don't Want Me for a Sunbeam would have been much cooler than Reading. Reading looks like it was filmed with a news camera. Jesus Don't was included on the Nirvana box set DVD and it looked awesome and the band looked awesome and the show was so tight.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,145
    there are a lot of reasons... for all the glut of live shit pj's given us over the last decade, there is still no official live document of the band pre-matt cameron, other than unplugged being attached as a dvd to the ten re-release. that's it. i would say there is a lot bigger point to releasing an old show for pj. their live reputation back in the day was unparalleled, and a lot of people would love to have an official release of a show from the band at the peak of their intensity and popularity. pinkpop, atlanta 94, SOMETHING should be out there to remind people of why this band was the biggest in the world at one point.

Excellent post! I agree completely! :!:
  • maybe pinkpop for Vs. Redux? :mrgreen:
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

i was kinda underwhelmed with reading too. if that was nirvana's defining live moment... i dunno. neither reading nor wishkah is a particularly great live album and i'm starting to wonder if it's not becos nirvana is not a particularly great live band...

It's because the people in chrage of Nirvana's legacy are idiots.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Love this idea!!!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Why? Was Pinkpop a crappy show too? ;)

i was kinda underwhelmed with reading too. if that was nirvana's defining live moment... i dunno. neither reading nor wishkah is a particularly great live album and i'm starting to wonder if it's not becos nirvana is not a particularly great live band...

It's because the people in chrage of Nirvana's legacy are idiots.

...and because the whole band not just Kurt were so high, that really its amazing they could even hold their instruments let alone play them.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    while we're on the subject of pj versus nirvana..or pj and nirvana... the cherry on top of me loving nirvana (love both bands perhaps equally) is how Kurt really influenced ed. like on some level kc dissing the band impacts how they became more punkish, and strayed from commercializing everything. ok, yeah pj became so massive that that is also the reason why they turned it down a notch, but still I feel it's there a bit. and I love pj for becoming who they became because of it. anyway, sorry didn't want to stray off the op's topic here. which was a great starter by the way.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    broloco wrote:
    while we're on the subject of pj versus nirvana..or pj and nirvana... the cherry on top of me loving nirvana (love both bands perhaps equally) is how Kurt really influenced ed. like on some level kc dissing the band impacts how they became more punkish, and strayed from commercializing everything. ok, yeah pj became so massive that that is also the reason why they turned it down a notch, but still I feel it's there a bit. and I love pj for becoming who they became because of it. anyway, sorry didn't want to stray off the op's topic here. which was a great starter by the way.

That is why I love true 90's grunge (bands) so much! Still to this day it is pretty much all I listen to. It was a movement at the end of an era of huge excess. It was all about the music (and unfortunately for some drugs) not the fame or chicks or money. Today its all about being #1 and who can make the most money and have their faces all over mag covers etc. If you look at how huge Pearl Jam still are it goes to show that its all about the music not the videos or money (though the boys must be pretty loaded!). True musicians will always stand the test of time. Once, upon a time....
    all you need is love, love is all you need