Perth Poster(s) Needed - mine got ruined

Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
edited November 2009 in The Porch
Damn!!!

I purchased 3 perth posters (one for me, one for my stepson and one for a friend in the US). Unfortunately sometime during the night a heap of beer was spilled over and into my tube and they are ruined :(

If anyone has spares they are willing to sell or knows where i can get replacements, I'm all ears. Did they all sell out? This is really important as my stepson was the 12 year old kid Eddie spoke to and who appeared on the big screens. Dozens of people congratulated him and it made his night - he was really keen to have the poster on his wall.

Fingers, toes, eyes and nuts all crossed :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    hey paul, that was awesome with your stepson!! great work on tryin to get the pre show drinks together nice meeting you also...i might have a spare poster i wont know till tomorrow though, i asked one of the ladies i work with if she could grab me one because she was in grandstand but never heard from her whether she did or not, so i bought one after the show, alot had the bottom left corner a little dinged up though...but i'll pm you tomorrow when i find out
  • Cheers mate, As I was leaving they were still available, I'm kicking myself for not noticing sooner. But I'm also pretty sure it was me who did it too. I went straight from the merch tent to the drinks line. Those around marcus at the show were really cool too - Shauna and your friends - thanks for giving him the opportunity to be in the front row!
  • anyone,, anyone?
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    hey spoke to the lady from work today and she wasnt able to get a poster because she ended up in the mosh pit and the merchandise booth she went to didnt have any left after....sorry mate
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Damn!!!

I purchased 3 perth posters (one for me, one for my stepson and one for a friend in the US). Unfortunately sometime during the night a heap of beer was spilled over and into my tube and they are ruined :(

If anyone has spares they are willing to sell or knows where i can get replacements, I'm all ears. Did they all sell out? This is really important as my stepson was the 12 year old kid Eddie spoke to and who appeared on the big screens. Dozens of people congratulated him and it made his night - he was really keen to have the poster on his wall.

Fingers, toes, eyes and nuts all crossed :)
    It can't be totally ruined, right? Post some pics. I reckon it adds to the authenticity, don't you? That's rock 'n' roll, man!

P.S. I wasn't sure if I should post this in this thread or your other identical one? :lol:
  • They're ok, just not suitable for framing - mounting. I jut want him to have a pristine one for his room.
  • I've never been too big on posters, or much of the other overpriced tour goods myself. I'm one of those people that doesn't get all crazy with the jumping and moshing, but does like to get into the music and let loose a little bit. I can't stand it when people give me dirty looks because I might have "invaded their personal space" or bumped into their precious merchandise. It's a rock concert for crying out loud!

That said, I'm sorry that your posters got ruined. Hopefully it was an accident and you weren't having to deal with a bunch of drunken jerks the whole show. I'd be much happier with the experience your stepson had more than a piece of paper. On a side note, what I have is a Pearl Jam scrapbook I've put together from all of my shows. Each show has a couple of pages with the poster art, my ticket/stub, some photos from the show, and a copy of the setlist. Sometimes, I'll put some newspaper articles or show reviews in as well. It's a much more personal and individual keepsake to me, and I didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars on it!

CHEERS!
    :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)