Options

Jeff talks South tour in Deep interview

RipitLikePujolsRipitLikePujols Posts: 219
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Can't believe no one is talking about Jeff's comments confirming the band

touring the South in '09...

where are you guys? there's a "please play the south" thread that's at least a thousand pages by now...

time to rally! Looks like you all are finally gonna get some run

Quote: " I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE SOUTH IN AWHILE, SO I'M LOOKING

FORWARD TO PLAYING SOME PJ SHOWS DOWN THERE NEXT YEAR."

(last page of of "Tone" interview in Deep)
"WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    I did ages ago. Guess not many people care

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=301930
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,025
    We talked about it about a month and a half ago when it was in Jeff's interview about TONE

Edit: Oz Jammer beat me too it :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Haven't received the latest Deep yet so I haven't heard of this. If so, then great!! I will be there!

Texas better be included this time.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Speaking of Deep. So I get home after work yesterday, go to the mail box (one of those free-standing boxes for the neighborhood, with numbered slots, not the kind actually stuck to the side of my house or on a pole by the street) and I grab my mail and notice an issue of Deep on top of the box. It's mine, of course, and it is fucking completely water-logged. It didn't rain. What the fuck? I'm pretty pissed at the obese mail lady. I'm going to wait for her today and show it to her baloon head and ask her WTF is going on? Did it fall in her 100 oz. Coke? Did she sit on it during her whole route, allowing it to absorb her secretions? Did she mistake it for a chew toy?
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Flagg wrote:
    Haven't received the latest Deep yet so I haven't heard of this. If so, then great!! I will be there!

Texas better be included this time.

Agreed man, agreed! :D I'm hoping for a Houston and Dallas show. If so, I'm going to both.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    Speaking of Deep. So I get home after work yesterday, go to the mail box (one of those free-standing boxes for the neighborhood, with numbered slots, not the kind actually stuck to the side of my house or on a pole by the street) and I grab my mail and notice an issue of Deep on top of the box. It's mine, of course, and it is fucking completely water-logged. It didn't rain. What the fuck? I'm pretty pissed at the obese mail lady. I'm going to wait for her today and show it to her baloon head and ask her WTF is going on? Did it fall in her 100 oz. Coke? Did she sit on it during her whole route, allowing it to absorb her secretions? Did she mistake it for a chew toy?

sorry brother, that sucks...i thought the U.S.P.S. passed a "No Fat Chicks" bill...
    "WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=308333

Now that the election’s over………

Maybe there won’t be any BS threads about why pj won’t tour The South. Lol! come on Chris Matthews, stop calling Virginia the confederacy!!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    stotstot Posts: 207
    Someone mentioned he could have meant Australia.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    They were trying not to ruin the surprise for the rest of us you dumbass! Thanks for ruining it for everyone who hasn't gotten their issue of Deep yet! :(

solat, prior to the next time I post, i'll check with you beforehand to make

sure it's okay to do so....i hope you have a better day.

Seriously though, you're a 40 year old adult male and you still call people, "dumbass?"

Seriously?

C'mon guy, you're better than that

--->H2I

(special moment)
  • Options
    I didnt even know I should be expecting an issue of Deep so this is good news all around.
    An alien at home behind the sun
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    red mos wrote:
    Agreed man, agreed! :D I'm hoping for a Houston and Dallas show. If so, I'm going to both.

how about Austin, San Antonio, Houston & Dallas? THAT would be awesome!

I'd love to see them play a small venue--like Stubb's in Auston--that would be amazing.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,632
    stot wrote:
    Someone mentioned he could have meant Australia.

Your first post is used to crush the hopes of fans in Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc....?

Just kidding. Welcome to the board.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    solat, prior to the next time I post, i'll check with you beforehand to make

sure it's okay to do so....i hope you have a better day.

Seriously though, you're a 40 year old adult male and you still call people, "dumbass?"

Seriously?

C'mon guy, you're better than that
    alright I came in here to cheer on the people of the south. Then i saw this post and i am laughing LOUD!!! VERY good description of SOLAT319...... ;)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!