Holiday single...

RipitLikePujolsRipitLikePujols Posts: 219
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Anyone want to place a friendly wager it's going to be "No More"?
"WE'RE UH, WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ONE WHICH IS UH, CERTAINLY NOT A USUAL ONE, AND THEN UH, JUST TAKE A FEW MORE MINUTES, THEN UH, AND THEN WE'RE GONNA DO OUR BEST TO KEEP TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS AWAKE FR..." (cheering at intro)...

--->H2I

(special moment)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Anyone want to place a friendly wager it's going to be "No More"?

Doubt it... maybe the B side
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • I hope not. No More doesnt do much for me.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • maybe it will be extended versions of the into the wild songs
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • maybe it will be extended versions of the into the wild songs
    I'd say that's unlikely since they are Ed songs.

I would have said RITFW from Lolla as the b-side but then it was on last year's single. Maybe something from Hullabaloo or the Kokua festival? Otherwise a studio recording. Avocado outtakes, new cover?
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • I'd say that's unlikely since they are Ed songs.

I would have said RITFW from Lolla as the b-side but then it was on last year's single. Maybe something from Hullabaloo or the Kokua festival? Otherwise a studio recording. Avocado outtakes, new cover?
    id have to agree with that. its been a while since we have had an original song.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Maybe the ENTIRE avocado outtakes... on vinyl...

one can dream, right?
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952
    id have to agree with that. its been a while since we have had an original song.

I really hope it is a new song. The idea that it might be a concert song that could be easily downloaded from itunes or something kind of takes away a bit of the appeal for me. I liked it back in the day when the Christmas single was an exclusive song only available to fan club members (even though you can find it available on the net the day it hits mailboxes). On the plus side I am impressed that they seem to be making an effort to get it out for the holidays.
  • Anyone want to place a friendly wager it's going to be "No More"?

I seriously hope not. How many versions of this song (official, and unofficial) have been available since last summer?

I'd prefer a new song, but I'd take a clean-up version of the Dylan cover "I Shall Be Released" from the Kokua festival. No likely since it was Ed Solo. Then again, so was Gone demo from '05.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • I really hope it's a new song too, to this day I still think I prefer the Holiday Single version of Gone to the studio version...
    Dublin - August 23rd 2006
    Wembley - June 18th 2007
    Hopefully many more to come...
  • On the plus side I am impressed that they seem to be making an effort to get it out for the holidays.

They say that every year, I don't think there is any reason to suspect this year is different
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    from the Membership Benefits of pj.com
    A holiday 45 RPM vinyl single with songs not found anywhere else.
    No more is available on iTunes, 2 versions of it!
    I hope it isn't a Euro live becasue that would mean they won't release the boots at all :(

I hope for a NEW song (and not a cover like last year, however good LROM was).. and Ramblings 4 :p
  • My guess is something from the Vic Theater show - Black Diamond possibly as the B side.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    My guess is something from the Vic Theater show - Black Diamond possibly as the B side.
    :(
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Yey Ramblings!
    Although, I guess you can't be young forever...
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    id love to see another ramblings!!!! something from the vic or maybe education from lolla...(although thats found on itunes) black diamond sounds about right...

hey at least we know bono wont be on it! :D

cant wait to get it!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    ramblings?
  • corduroy10 wrote:
    I seriously hope not. How many versions of this song (official, and unofficial) have been available since last summer?

we he said
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • maybe something from the Vic show???
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    maybe something from the Vic show???

How cool would it be if it was the Vic show.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • I wager something from the European shows last summer (Throw Your Arms Around Me from Copenhagen?) and/or something from the Vic.

I wish they'd release a new song (in the vein of Let Me Sleep, Drifing etc.), but it'll probably be a cover or live song.
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • It'll be a song from either Lolla, Vic or Hawaii (I could see Daughter from Lolla being on there seeing how so many people bitched about the 5 seconds of it being edited).

But I think it would be sweet if it was a whole new E.P on one side (5-6 songs) and then on the other Ed naming off tour dates!
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Pegasus wrote:
    .. and Ramblings 4 :p

aww i can imagine it now..a Ramblings with Matt "GODDAM ROMANS!" Cameron....and grown-up Ed "uhhhhmmmm" Vedder.........it has the potential to be the best ramblings yet!

also hope there isnt any live euro stuff. my bet is one Avocado bside, and a Kokua/Hullabaloo song
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,610
    anyone get theirs yet??
    www.myspace.com