dave a. interview..just saw that..

jeremyjeremy Posts: 409
edited November 2009 in The Porch
''walk the bridges before you burn them down...''
and always remember ''it's no crime to escape!!!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I respect his talent and all but seriously, Matt Cameron is in the band for 11 yrs. now...11 yrs.!!! Get over it. Plus what the hell has he done in 11 yrs. with his career, beside being a total pothead (and whatever else). I would never post anything about that dude on here. Just my two cents.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Thank you for this jeremy!! I really enjoyed this interview! Good to see something recent from him and was really awesome listening to him open up about PJ and how his time in the band impacted his life. His time in the band really impacted my life too. He was the drummer when I first got into them,first saw them live etc. He will ALWAYS hold a very special place in my heart. Always! :)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • pjsycopjsyco Posts: 646
    Is it me, or does the guy interviewing him look like Jean-Paul, the long distance runner on the Seinfeld episode that missed his wake up call and the Olympic marathon?
  • shellerizm wrote:
    I respect his talent and all but seriously, Matt Cameron is in the band for 11 yrs. now...11 yrs.!!! Get over it. Plus what the hell has he done in 11 yrs. with his career, beside being a total pothead (and whatever else). I would never post anything about that dude on here. Just my two cents.

That's ridiculous. An interview with Dave talking about PJ is totally something you should post here. It has nothing to do with anyone having to "get over it" because Matt Cameron has been in the band for so long.

Believe it or not, it's possible to be a huge fan of both Dave and Matt.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    thank u for sharing that .. yes he has been gone awhile .. but he was still part of it all ... also he said nothing bad about PJ .. sounds like they were good times for him .. rock on !!! :mrgreen:
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    shellerizm wrote:
    I respect his talent and all but seriously, Matt Cameron is in the band for 11 yrs. now...11 yrs.!!! Get over it. Plus what the hell has he done in 11 yrs. with his career, beside being a total pothead (and whatever else). I would never post anything about that dude on here. Just my two cents.

That's ridiculous. An interview with Dave talking about PJ is totally something you should post here. It has nothing to do with anyone having to "get over it" because Matt Cameron has been in the band for so long.

Word !!
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Worder!!
    Amen Ledbetterman10! :D I personally love all the drummers. I like that we have variety!! Each offers a style all their own. Dave A was such a beast behind the kit! :D He will forever rock my world! \m/

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Amen Ledbetterman10! :D I personally love all the drummers. I like that we have variety!! Each offers a style all their own. Dave A was such a beast behind the kit! :D He will forever rock my world! \m/

Dave's probably my favorite too but a lot of that has to do with me just thinking PJ was a better live band back in the early 90's. They were all more aggressive back then and Dave fit right in. I think Jack fit in well when they sort of mellowed in the late 90's. But now, you can see when they play live that Matt is like the motor keeping them all going. He works really hard out there. I like Dave's constant crashes and funky fills as much as the next guy, but by no means am I disappointed with the direction the drumming has gone since he left.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    My thoughts exactly! :) Although I think they've just gotten better live and are more tighter now than ever before. I think they've evolved (drummer wise and band wise) in such a perfect pace.

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    My thoughts exactly! :) Although I think they've just gotten better live and are more tighter now than ever before. I think they've evolved (drummer wise and band wise) in such a perfect pace.

Maybe "better" wasn't the right word to use because they have become tighter with ever passing year. But you watch a video of a 1993 concert and your jaw literally drops. Shannon Hoon of Blind Mellon said it best when he said that even if you were deaf, you'd enjoy a Pearl Jam concert just from watching them and how intense they were up there.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Shannon Hoon of Blind Mellon said it best when he said that even if you were deaf, you'd enjoy a Pearl Jam concert just from watching them and how intense they were up there.

:o :shock: :thumbup:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • shellerizm wrote:

I hear yah, that's cool your a fan of Dave's. That was just my opinion. I guess you missed the part where I wrote "Just my two cents."

But honestly now, what has the dude done in the last 11 yrs.? Please tell me that.
  • "That band..." :roll:
    2009:* Berlin, Aug. 15 * Seattle WA, Sept. 21, 22 * Vancouver BC, Sept. 25 * Portland OR, Sept. 26 * Universal City CA, Oct. 6, 7 *

"See the waves on distant shores... awaiting your arrival"
  • shellerizm wrote:
    Plus what the hell has he done in 11 yrs. with his career...

funny. isn't that the same question the masses have been asking about pearl jam in general? it's all perspective.
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    pjsyco wrote:
    Is it me, or does the guy interviewing him look like Jean-Paul, the long distance runner on the Seinfeld episode that missed his wake up call and the Olympic marathon?

Mon, it wasn't the snooze. Most people think it was the snooze, but no, no snooze.

Mon, it wasn't the AM/PM.

It was the volume.