SIGG water bottle liner

BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,026
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I've had the PJ SIGG water bottle since early October. 'been following the SIGG.com cleaning instructions since day 1.

I am curious to know if anyone else who has purchased this product has had the liner on the inside of the neck of the bottle start to peel and splinter off ?

Thank you for all relevant and constructive feedback. Enjoy the day.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,553
    i've had it since august and have not had that problem ... however, i have a bunch of stainless steel water bottles and i don't use my pj one that often ...
  • Yeah, the neck part of the liner fell off a while ago...I just kinda washed it and peeled it off of the neck/screw part completely. No big deal.
    pearl jam, springsteen, phish, uconn, etc etc etc /signature
    [9.13.98 Hartford][5.13.06 Hartford][6.27.08 Hartford][10.31.09 Philadelphia][5.15.10 Hartford][5.17.10 Boston][5.20.10 New York City][5.21.10 New York City][6.18.11 EV Hartford][6.21.11 EV New York City]
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,660
    I noticed the same thing with a non-PJ SIGG bottle I have. Seems to only happen to the new BPA-free liners, because my older SIGGS never had that problem.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'd write Sigg about the issue and see what they say. I bought a bottle a couple years ago that was "not good" for consumption and sent it back for a free replacement (the new lining). I don't think they're supposed to peel, but I'd want to hear what the company says about the issue!
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Life without passion is a world without song - Brianlux