customs arseholes!

dannydanny Posts: 2,278
edited November 2009 in The Porch
why when ever i order a item i end up getting customs charge?i seem to order other items from other places and seem to be ok,it gets right on my tits,i want to order other stuff ie bootlegs but will i get charged again,if anyone got any suggestions please let me no thanks.
danny d
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spnoonespnoone Posts: 628
    contact the seller and see if they'll lie and state a lower value than what you paid on the customs form. i think anything under $10 or 15 doesn't get charged. it's easy on ebay but with legit stores they probably won't.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    For ordering bootlegs order them each seperately (makes no difference to the shipping costs) and you should be fine.

I'm presuming you are in the UK where customs/tax kicks in above £18.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • RiffJamRiffJam Posts: 143
    Do make sure you order boots separately. I ordered the first five in one go and had to pay an extra £15 at this end. Have ordered them one by one since then with no problems.
    London 28-10-96, London 29-10-96, London 20-04-06, Dublin 23-08-06, Reading 27-08-06, Marseille 09-09-06, Berlin 23-09-06, Athens 30-09-06, Madrid 09-06-07, London18-06-07, Copenhagen 26-06-07, Boston 28-06-08, London 11-08-09, Rotterdam 13-08-09, Manchester 17-08-09, London 18-08-09, Toronto 21-08-09, Philadelphia 30-10-09, Philadelphia 31-10-09, Manchester 20-06-12, Manchester 21-06-12, Stockholm 07-07-12, Leeds 08-07-14, Milton Keynes 11-07-14, Boston 05-08-16, Amsterdam 12-06-18, London 18-06-18, Krakow 03-07-18, London 18-07-18, Copenhagen 05-07-22, London 08-07-22, Seattle 28-05-24, Seattle 30-05-24
  • i've just ordered my 2009 ten of clubs hoodie, so am i gonna get raped on the my doorstep by the mail man?
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • chime wrote:
    For ordering bootlegs order them each seperately (makes no difference to the shipping costs) and you should be fine.

+1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chime wrote:

+1
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Sorry my friend, welcome to the club, you're not the only one, I am paying for every item 35% to 40% for any goods I order no matter the price (cd's, t-shirts, posters ecc.) on everything. It's sucks, specially when my friends in other city's same country are not paying anything, it just my customs post office that loves me a lot...nothing I can do.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    is there a difference if you had someone from the states order you them ..then ship them to you ???
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • joe2468 wrote:
    is there a difference if you had someone from the states order you them ..then ship them to you ???
    the biggest different..u never pay anything if a friend send u a package..
    well then why dont guys PAY FOR THEM...put in my address and i will GLADLY SEND them for you.....im sure a few other people would be more then happy to help you guys out...

im not jokin i would so do it FREE OF CHARGE
    just put your name...my address ....and when i get them i would send them....as long as you pay the shipping from my house to yours...... i wont even open the boxes....just relabel them and send them
    we need to work this out........ im sure if get a thread going people would join the "SAVE MONEY FOR OUR EURO FRIENDS CLUB"....
  • joe2468 wrote:
    we need to work this out........ im sure if get a thread going people would join the "SAVE MONEY FOR OUR EURO FRIENDS CLUB"....
    U JUST FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!THANK U JOE..if im gonna a big order and its"dangerous to get caught ill let u know..so far only the ten deluxe box have problem couse was via ups..no problem with post office here,,they are so lazy i guess :D
  • such beautiful people to offer us a reprieve. i would gladly do it because i trust that no one would even bother to open the boxes.
    can't the guys that run the dispatch of goods just make it look like it came from a friend as a gift???!!
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
    has nothing to do with the packaging .....has to do with the paper work.... i could say its a gift under $20 .....
  • joe2468 wrote:
    has nothing to do with the packaging .....has to do with the paper work.... i could say its a gift under $20 .....
    what a good person that send gifts ;)