Pittsburgh 2000 show

BeeGirl86BeeGirl86 Posts: 172
edited November 2009 in The Porch
I just pulled out the Pittsburgh 2000 bootleg and it is super special to me because it was my first show, I was 13 years old and I can still remember every moment I was completely in awe. And just listening to it again...it always amazes me how freakin lucky I was to have that show as my first...they put an awessommmeee show, played Crazy Mary (which was one of my favorite songs at the time), Leatherman, Wash (pulled the lady with the umbrella up on stage and I was soooo jealous), Mankind....damn it was goood. They opened with Evenflow and just straight rockedd out the whole night, it was the last night of the tour and a great ending. Love that I can listen to it to take me back. Hope they are coming to the burgh in 2010!!
I miss you alreddie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• doesn't compare to Halloween though : )
    I miss you alreddie.
  • BeeGirl86 wrote:
    I just pulled out the Pittsburgh 2000 bootleg and it is super special to me because it was my first show, I was 13 years old and I can still remember every moment I was completely in awe. And just listening to it again...it always amazes me how freakin lucky I was to have that show as my first...they put an awessommmeee show, played Crazy Mary (which was one of my favorite songs at the time), Leatherman, Wash (pulled the lady with the umbrella up on stage and I was soooo jealous), Mankind....damn it was goood. They opened with Evenflow and just straight rockedd out the whole night, it was the last night of the tour and a great ending. Love that I can listen to it to take me back. Hope they are coming to the burgh in 2010!!

Disc 2 opens with my favorite performance of I Got Shit
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • One of my all time favs next to Saratoga 2000, Buffalo 2003 and Philly 2005
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    i challenge u to find a NOT awesome pittsburgh show...every show they've put on here has been AMAZING. 2006 was one of the best shows of the tour and gets no recognition :P
  • in reality...it's hard to find a NOT awesome show ;) haha but theyy have put on truly amazing shows when I've seen them in the burgh. They need to do it again soooon
    I miss you alreddie.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Don't forget that Eddie opened that Pittsburgh show with several acoustic tunes because Thurston and Kim from Sonic Youth had a family issue and had to skip the gig. Seeing Ed do "Trouble" and "Dead Man" way back when, not to mention seeing him do "Naked Eye" and "Something In The Air" with the remaining members of Sonic Youth was pretty special too.