Top 10 List

2»

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    A Lot of people are putting untought known in their top 10 lists and I like that.
    edited November 2009
    Gmoney wrote:
    almost cracked it...but i'm too no code biased. give us your top 10!
    Im surprised, you've posted at least 3 great light years videos on facebook... alright give me a second, top 5 is easy, next 5... i need to think.

This is the BEST Light Years Outro ever- gets good at 5:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T-lzxeuaVA
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • I honestly don't have a top 10 but the Matt Cameron songs would be right up there for me,... Unemployable, Johnny Guitar, In the Moonlight, Evacuation, You Are..., The Fixer, Get Right and Cropduster are good too.
  • gonna see my friend,got some,the fixer,given to fly,do the evolution,go,breakerfall,leash,why go,faithful,present tense,release,corduroy,who are you,rats,lukin,man of the hour,garden,off he goes. my cd i'm using these days.
  • Easties wrote:
    10. My Own Prison
    9. With Arms Wide Open
    8. My Sacrifice
    7. One
    6. Don't Stop Dancing
    5. Bullets
    4. Freedom Fighter
    3. Are you?
    2. What If?
    1. Higher

With Arms Wide Open at 9? You CRAZY :D

You forgot Who's Got My Back.

1 Immortality
    2 Release
    3 RVM
    4 Given to Fly
    5 Go
    6 Off He Goes
    7 Faithfull
    8 Unthought Known
    9 Yellow Ledbetter
    10 Indifference
    11 Footsteps
    12 Black
    13 Garden
    14 Corduroy
    15 State of Love & Trust

I love how Go & Off He Goes are right next to each other. Amazing diversity!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Not real sure about the order, but perhaps this:

1. Given to Fly
    2. Corduroy
    3. I Got Id
    4. Present Tense
    5. In My Tree
    6. Immortalilty
    7. Yellow Ledbetter
    8. Betterman
    9. Breath
    10.Brain of J
    Break the sky and tell me what it's for
  • Evergreen wrote:
    Breath
    Given To Fly
    Hail Hail
    Hold On
    I am Mine
    I Got Shit
    In Hiding
    Life Wasted
    Love Boat Captain
    Low Light
    No Way
    Not For You
    Oceans
    Of The Girl
    Out Of my mind
    Porch
    Present Tense
    Red Mosquito
    Release
    Wash

Yeah...it's twice as many and I am not apologizing. This could totally change by tomorrow. :D

I wrote up my list kinda quickly and I wanted to go back and really look at each song. I had no VS songs. Yield apparently holds my heart, with Lost Dogs, No Code, Ten following close. Riot Act is in the middle with Avocado, Vitology and Binaural rounding out the bottom. Throw in a Merkin Ball, an B side and there you have it.

:D

Apparently, I like the Vedder/Gossard combo. I always thought I was a Vedder kinda of gal, but only 3 songs on my list were solely credited to him. Stone was involved in 13 of the songs on my list.
  • No specific order:

Sad
    Force of Nature
    In Hiding
    Red Mosquito
    Porch
    Unthought Known
    I Got Shit
    RVM
    State of Love and Trust
    No Way

No Vitalogy!! :o
    I wrote up my list kinda quickly and I wanted to go back and really look at each song. I had no VS songs. Yield apparently holds my heart, with Lost Dogs, No Code, Ten following close. Riot Act is in the middle with Avocado, Vitology and Binaural rounding out the bottom. Throw in a Merkin Ball, an B side and there you have it.

Apparently, I like the Vedder/Gossard combo. I always thought I was a Vedder kinda of gal, but only 3 songs on my list were solely credited to him. Stone was involved in 13 of the songs on my list.[/quote]

Where does Backspacer sit with you?
  • I wrote up my list kinda quickly and I wanted to go back and really look at each song. I had no VS songs. Yield apparently holds my heart, with Lost Dogs, No Code, Ten following close. Riot Act is in the middle with Avocado, Vitology and Binaural rounding out the bottom. Throw in a Merkin Ball, an B side and there you have it.

Apparently, I like the Vedder/Gossard combo. I always thought I was a Vedder kinda of gal, but only 3 songs on my list were solely credited to him. Stone was involved in 13 of the songs on my list.
    Where does Backspacer sit with you?

Well, I don't have any go-to songs yet. Amongst The Waves and Unthought Known is getting there because of the lyrics and I can relate to them. I always tie emotions to my favorite songs and can relate the lyrics to something in my life. Go-to songs for me are Life Wasted, In Hiding, I got Shit, Not For You...for just a few.

I enjoy the hell out of Backspacer...Johnny Guitar always gets me moving and smiling, as do Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, etc. I just have not found that emotional go-to connection yet.

Does that make any sense at all??? It is hard to put the feelings to words, you know?
  • I'm just gonna select one each from the 9studio albums and Lost Dogs then put them in order, it's the only way i'll get it done.

1. REARVIEWMIRROR
    2. NOTHINGMAN
    3. COME BACK
    4. BLACK
    5. THE FIXER
    6. THUMBING MY WAY
    7. DOWN
    8. INSIGNIFICANCE
    9. MFC
    10. HAIL, HAIL

that was hard.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006