www.peopleofwalmart.com

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
is really entertaining. check it out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    sorry, I don't find it funny at all. :?
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    eMMI wrote:

you didn't think the nasty people shopping at walmart made you laugh? c'mon!
  • MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    this site is a riot! my sons and i go on all the time and just crack up! anytime we see some one a little different we just say -- people of walmart and laugh! it is pretty entertaining.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i knew there was a reason i'd rather starve than shop there.
  • I saw this site a few weeks agao, there are some classic pics on it
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    eMMI wrote:

I don't like it. even if the pics were amusing, I hate the fact that they're taken by anyone and posted for others to laugh at.

no matter what someone looks like, taking a picture of them (secretly!) and posting it online is stupid, cruel and very immature.

no offense to those who enjoy the site, it's just definitely not my cup of tea.

like a friend of mine said: "Ugh, it's like LOL-cats without the cats. And without the LOL."
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    eMMI wrote:

I don't like it. even if the pics were amusing, I hate the fact that they're taken by anyone and posted for others to laugh at.

no matter what someone looks like, taking a picture of them (secretly!) and posting it online is stupid, cruel and very immature.

no offense to those who enjoy the site, it's just definitely not my cup of tea.

like a friend of mine said: "Ugh, it's like LOL-cats without the cats. And without the LOL."
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Well that website sure is stupid.....but it's nice to see that Ric Flair utilizes Walmart and it's great savings.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Well that website sure is stupid.....but it's nice to see that Ric Flair utilizes Walmart and it's great savings.

as well as Michael Cera, Dog the Bounty Hunter and Sonics' great Shawn Kemp
  • There's a lot that's sadistic, voyeuristic and sociopathic about this site. But then, Thatcher did once say there was no such thing as society, and peopleofwalmart is in league with that old view.

My only possible view of the site that would allow pity for the people who put it together/"contributed" is this: maybe the webmaster is a bit down on his or her luck in these recessionary times, and needs to Other low-income people as a bulky, faceless mass. That would be an understandable though unpleasant kind of defence strategy, now that the Reagan-Thatcherite ideology of capitalist individualism, which once gave him or her an illusory kind of identity and natural socio-economic difference from "them", has gone down the shitter.

Regardless, it's about as funny as napalm.
  • We take the choice one and send it around when we've all had a tough day or week. Priceless!
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    There's a lot that's sadistic, voyeuristic and sociopathic about this site. But then, Thatcher did once say there was no such thing as society, and peopleofwalmart is in league with that old view.

My only possible view of the site that would allow pity for the people who put it together/"contributed" is this: maybe the webmaster is a bit down on his or her luck in these recessionary times, and needs to Other low-income people as a bulky, faceless mass. That would be an understandable though unpleasant kind of defence strategy, now that the Reagan-Thatcherite ideology of capitalist individualism, which once gave him or her an illusory kind of identity and natural socio-economic difference from "them", has gone down the shitter.

Regardless, it's about as funny as napalm.

funny how much this reminds me of the article about ayn rand posted in the moving train. maybe i've got more of her philosophy in me than i'd care to admit, but the fact is walmart attracts the dregs of US society and i think to an extent there is something healthy in shaming people into not being the disgusting pathetic slobs our culture has enabled too many to become.
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    wow, what trash.

HILARIOUS, but yea im glad i dont have to deal with that around where I live.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    Are you people for real?? quoting ayn raynd, thatcher, reagan??? get off your soap box people... its OKAY funny to laugh at others...LAUGH g-damnit!funny trumps wrong (remember that)
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Mmmm.. Schadenfreude... My favorite.
    Are you people for real?? quoting ayn raynd, thatcher, reagan??? get off your soap box people... its OKAY funny to laugh at others...LAUGH g-damnit!funny trumps wrong (remember that)

it's not that I never laugh at other people. but these people have no idea their picture's up on some website and that thousands of people are laughing at them. those pics (at least most of them) are taken without them noticing, much less without their consent and that absolutely shits me.

just because someone looks different than yourself, doesn't make them less human or important or whatever. you don't know those people, you don't know the reasons they dress the way they dress or act the way they act. you don't know why they go shopping at Wal-Mart.

and before anyone goes at me all "but people laugh behind other people's backs all the time!", I'm well aware of that and, sure enough, guilty of it myself. but I don't post pictures of those people all over the place.

ok?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Why not make a profit from something EVERYONE is guilty of? Envy or Schadenfreude... They are the same really, just looking at different ends of the spectrum. People of Walmart is no different than Perezhilton posting pics and news about celebrities. We look at them, we judge them.. We look at the people of Walmart, we judge them.

I am very jealous that I didn't think of it first so I could be raking in the bucks from the advertisers. Since I didn't think of it first, I will try my DAMNDEST to get my pic posted to that website. Too bad someone already got snapped in my "bootylicious" sweats.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Thanks for the link and laugh..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Why not make a profit from something EVERYONE is guilty of? Envy or Schadenfreude... They are the same really, just looking at different ends of the spectrum. People of Walmart is no different than Perezhilton posting pics and news about celebrities. We look at them, we judge them.. We look at the people of Walmart, we judge them.

I am very jealous that I didn't think of it first so I could be raking in the bucks from the advertisers. Since I didn't think of it first, I will try my DAMNDEST to get my pic posted to that website. Too bad someone already got snapped in my "bootylicious" sweats.

well put and funny
    The Champ wrote:
    Thanks for the link and laugh..

you're welcome. i thought i'd spread the (toe)jam
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    aww.. now I understand why PJ rarely plays the midwest and the south..

lighten up everyone.. its a funny site about funny people... most of the people in the pictures dress the way they do to get attention anyway...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    wow... :shock:

One one hand, I do feel bad there are people who obviously unknowingly were photographed and put up online... but wow, a hefty woman wearing a skirt so short you can clearly see her entire butt? Some of them I don't feel so bad about being up there.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    eMMI wrote:

it's not that I never laugh at other people. but these people have no idea their picture's up on some website and that thousands of people are laughing at them. those pics (at least most of them) are taken without them noticing, much less without their consent and that absolutely shits me.

just because someone looks different than yourself, doesn't make them less human or important or whatever. you don't know those people, you don't know the reasons they dress the way they dress or act the way they act. you don't know why they go shopping at Wal-Mart.

and before anyone goes at me all "but people laugh behind other people's backs all the time!", I'm well aware of that and, sure enough, guilty of it myself. but I don't post pictures of those people all over the place.

ok?

I would completely agree with you if these pics were taken of people in their houses from the street. They went into public like this.
    Exhibit A:
    http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-con ... 11/553.jpg

I won't lose sleep over the fact that this guy is being laughed at on a daily basis. Call me cold, but if they're going to venture out looking like trash, it's open season. Especially when they seem to be typical of a place like Wal Mart.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I only got through the first page and didn't find it funny at all because I was too grossed out.
  • If this is in the gene pool, humanity is doomed.

it's funny and sad at the same time.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• lephtylephty Posts: 770
    this has become one of my favorite websites to visit lately~
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    eMMI wrote:

I think it's a lot more sad than funny. Some of those people look like they really have some problems. The weird thing about it is though, you can find all of them at Walmart.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited December 2009
    Lauri wrote:
    The weird thing about it is though, you can find all of them at Walmart.

yup. lol! why is walmart such a magnet for that?
    i don't go in there a lot. once a month. believe me, no matter what time, they are there!
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• autumnautumn Posts: 191
    Mmmm.. Schadenfreude... My favorite.

Schadenfreude, probably one of my favorite words! (much to my boyfriend's dismay) :twisted:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    CJMST3K wrote:
    wow... :shock:

One one hand, I do feel bad there are people who obviously unknowingly were photographed and put up online... but wow, a hefty woman wearing a skirt so short you can clearly see her entire butt? Some of them I don't feel so bad about being up there.

This is kind of it... I feel bad until I realise, they are knowingly going out dressed like that. Its not even that they are fat or whatever, its the fact that they choose to dress like a total slut when they are 100 lbs overweight. I'm gettin' pretty chunky, I gotta admit, but I know what I can and cannot wear. :shock:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam