Options

Mansfield I best of NY, CT, MA SHOWS

joshua3800joshua3800 Posts: 46
edited July 2008 in The Porch
It was the shortest and most tight (longer doesnt mean better), with the most diverse setlist, including an unbelievable Reign O'er Me, Rearviewmirror solo was top notch, Hrad to Imagine to open and the Betterman moment will be legendary at this show.

I wnated Indifference after Alive and it would've been P-E-R-F-E-C-T but still best of the the shows. MSG II close 2nd, and the setlist for Hartford gets it 3rd, but

somethinG about Mansfield I take steh cake..I can still feel the earth shaking from Betterman. EPIC, LEGENDARY, BEST OF THE 5 IN THE NORTHEAST
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I respectfully disagree.
  • Options
    were we at the same show? i thought the band was sloppy and tired. they were spot on last night and rockin in hartford as well. out of the 3 i went to i thought mansfield 1 was last.

mansfield 2
    hartford
    mansfield 1
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    As long as you enjoyed it, that is all that matters.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    I can't comment on MSGs but I would rank them

1. Hartford - slight, slight edge over Mansfield 2

2. Mansfield 2 - much better crowd than Hartford, but I liked the Hartford set list a little better. Just a matter of personal preference, I suppose. Band was ON both nights.

3. Mansfield 1 - great show, but just doesn't hold up to the night before or 2 nights later IMO.

We can debate these all day - most of it is just personal preference. It's not like any of the shows were obvious duds. All were great in their own way.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    1. Hartford
    2. MSG 1
    3. Mansfield 2
    4. MSG 2
    5. Mansfield 1
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    As long as you enjoyed it, that is all that matters.

Perfect answer. :)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    Mansfield 1 wasn't even better than the Florida shows.. it actually might be the worst setlist of the tour IMO
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    1. Hartford
    2. MSG 1
    3. Mansfield 2
    4. MSG 2
    5. Mansfield 1
    Ditto with possibly swapping 2/3...
  • Options
    wpost211wpost211 Posts: 124
    Overall an amazing TOUR. Would love a Touring Band 2008 DVD.

This is the best band on the planet.
    "there's a lot to be said for nowhere...."

1996 - Randall's Island II 1998 - MSG I
    2000 - Jones Beach II & III 2003 - Uniondale, MSG I & II
    2006 - E. Ruth I & II 2007 - Lollapalooza
    2008 - MSG I & II, Hartford 2009 - Philly IV
    2010 - Newark, MSG I & II
  • Options
    joshua3800joshua3800 Posts: 46
    Last Nights show was 27 for me and i've seen them all over the country since 95 and the first Mansfield show, for me, was different than most.

Thats why i think Manfield I and MSG I were the ebst. Hratford and last night were such a normal setlist for them. I liek when the band shows there depth and versitility.

Hartford and last Night they hardly ever slowed down. Maybe I am gettin old at 29 , but i like when they slow it down for Low Light and Come Back and Off He Goes and Balck.

Watchin Ed handle the vocals on Watchtower or Reign is impressive.

Last Night, for me, was by far the weakest. It sounded just like so many other shows (except BEE GIRL wow. i've seen 2 of 8 times they've played it)

I really break it down to MEMORIES now after 27 shows and Watchtower during MSG was amazing and even more was Betterman in Manfield I. If you were there, you know what i mean.

Last Night and Hartford were typical. Mansfield I was short, tight and special. (The band was laughing a lot during the show and playing great as far as i could see from 3rd row.) Ed just got pissed cause his fan wasn't working.

But to all, thanks for thoughts and i hope to celebrate show 50 someday
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    joshua3800 wrote:

Last Night, for me, was by far the weakest. It sounded just like so many other shows (except BEE GIRL wow. i've seen 2 of 8 times they've played it)

Last Night and Hartford were typical. Mansfield I was short, tight and special. (The band was laughing a lot during the show and playing great as far as i could see from 3rd row.) Ed just got pissed cause his fan wasn't working.

Not just Bee Girl ... but, Wash ... Satan's Bed .... Education ... man, TOTALLY didn't sound like so many shows to me ... we all go to different shows and like different tunes, so, to each their own, but, last night was melt my face amazing.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    For me, the crowd is a big part of it. I was lucky to be up front for all four of these shows, and for me, it goes:

1a MSG1
    1a MSG2
    2 Mansfield1
    3 Hartford

That's no knock on the Hartford performance, though. The band went all out, and set-list wise, it was a great supplement to the other shows I saw. Camden1 was great as well.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."